Chapter Twenty-Two

It had already been a few days since the full moon, but Jrasic's arm still ached when he flexed it

It had already been a few days since the full moon, but Jrasic's arm still ached when he flexed it. There was a faded scar near his wrist where Aaron had bitten him. His eye was drawn to the little mark when he bit into an apple. He came around the island counter in the kitchen to tuck a few containers of various meals into a backpack.

Terra wandered into the kitchen and grabbed an apple for herself, pushing herself onto the counter. "Are you headed off again, then?" Her gaze traveled over the meals. "See if you can get me some more pie. I've been craving it since we had it last."

"Not coming with, this time?" Jrasic reached into a drawer and pulled out a few spoons decorated in the shapes of cartoon characters. He tucked them into the bag along with mini boxes of cereal then zipped the bag shut.

She shook her head and smiled at the spoons. "No, actually Jake has been helping me with a little training." Terra sat back, her head against one of the cupboards. "He's teaching me how to shift without the full moon. Actually, I'm quite good at it." Rolling her shoulders, Terra winced a bit. "Though it does make me pretty sore."

Jrasic left the bag at the island and turned toward Terra. "When'd you start this?" He leaned back against the island, hands gripping the sides.

"The day after the full moon actually. I wanted to be able to shift on my own command." Terra shrugged and finished her apple, tossing it into the garbage off to the side. She gave a triumphant smile when her toss landed perfectly.

A small smile tugged at the corner of Jrasic's lip. He abandoned his apple on the island and went over to Terra. Jrasic leaned against the counter beside her legs, one hand resting on the side of her thigh as he kissed her lightly on the cheek. "So long as you're being careful with it. It's good to want to be more in control of your wolf." He let his hand stray onto her knee. "Just... don't over do it."

Terra leaned forward and pressed her lips to his. "Don't worry, I know my own limits." She raised a hand to his hair, fingers entwining into it. "I should be able to protect myself."

Jrasic winced and put his hand over hers, flattening her palm against his head. "Sorry, I still have something of a headache." He offered a slanted grin before kissing her back, his other hand winding around to the small of her back as he leaned into her.

"Oh, okay," she murmured into his mouth and moved her hand down to his shoulder, still being careful of his wounds.

In near silence, Jake entered the kitchen and stopped at the two of them. He gave a slight cough and turned away. "You know we make food there, right?"

Jrasic pulled away from Terra and leaned back on the counter, turning to face Jake. He simply rose his eyebrows and stood up straight, pecking Terra on the cheek. "I'll be back later on," he said. He slung the bag over his shoulder, brushing Jake as he passed.