Chapter Fifty-Eight

With the sun barely up, Terra sat curled on her bed and stared out the window to the freshly fallen snow

With the sun barely up, Terra sat curled on her bed and stared out the window to the freshly fallen snow. Though she had dressed nicely, and cleaned up for her early meeting, her eyes were still red from crying. Despite her attempt to keep them quiet, she knew the other wolves would have been able to hear her sobs. The Alpha pressed the oversized hoodie to her nose, and took a deep breath of Jrasic's scent, the tears welling up in her eyes immediately. With a glance at the time, she stood slowly and left her room, her hand grasping at the pendant around her throat.

Dominic was already waiting in the lounge area, standing by the glass hallway. He wore only his Hunters uniform, the duffle missing from his side. "Ready?" he asked her.

She just nodded when she reached him. "I asked Jake to hang back. It may be better if we speak alone."

"Sure," Dominic said and just started back the way he came.

Terra walked in silence beside him, taking in the yard and the different buildings that connected the Compound together. "You never told me his name," she said. "This man."

"Cian," Dominic said curtly. He paused before the same doors as the evening prior but this time didn't open them right away. "Please be patient with him," he added.

Terra turned to him and just lifted her shoulders. "We will work it out," she told him. With that, the Hunter knocked and got a muffled permission to enter. He didn't do so himself but opened the door for Terra. Straightening a bit, she entered

The man called Cian stood by his deck, a hand pressed to an open book that lay before him. He looked up to Terra and motioned her in further. "Thank you for coming," he said.

"It would be easier to speak in full, sooner rather than later." Terra stepped closer to the desk and peered around the room. She focused her gaze on the man again, and let her hands rest casually at her sides.

"Dominic has caught me up much on what happened," he said and merely marked his place before closing his book. "He suggests we house you permanently until this affair is concluded."

"My pack would greatly appreciate any place elsewhere if it could be provided as well. A safe-house, or something similar." Terra took another small step forward. "We have limited options ourselves."

"I don't have a problem keeping you here," Cian said. "So long as boundaries are met. You don't have much time left, is that correct?"

"About three months," Terra confirmed. She slipped her thumbs into the pockets of her jeans. "My wolves would need a bit more...freedom if we were to stay, though."

Cian nodded slowly and moved around his desk just to stand beside it. "I was considering that," he said. "The wing you are in now is far too small, and I'm afraid a few are nervous having your pack so close." He paused then as if waiting for her reply, but suddenly continued. "I may have a solution."