Chapter Twenty

Several members of the pack had already gathered outside as the full moon made its climb

Several members of the pack had already gathered outside as the full moon made its climb. Most sat out on the grass locked in their own near silent conversations. Jrasic was the first to catch Sonya's scent as she came around the side of the Manor with Aaron at her side.

Jrasic watched them from his perch on the deck's railing, eyes narrowing when Aaron looked over to meet his gaze. The duo turned to the forest together to pause beneath one of the scattered trees that marked the forest's line. Jrasic growled softly to himself as he watched Aaron, his claws digging into the railing.

Terra appeared beside him as she leaned against the railing as well. "So who's doom do you think they're plotting tonight?" she said. Her finger tapped against the wood in anticipation.

Jrasic ripped his claws from the railing, letting them shrink back. "Probably my own..." he muttered. He followed up with an exhausted sigh. "They don't matter. This'll be your second full moon."

"It doesn't feel like it." Terra looked up at the dark sky and closed her eyes against it. The moon already started to pull at her. "I can't wait to run again. To feel that freedom." She took a deep breath, a smile on her face.

"This shift should be easier for you, then. Especially since you've already done it without a moon." Jrasic pushed himself off the railing, dropping the short distance to the grass.

Terra swung over and joined him, putting her hand in his. She went to reply when Charles stepped up to them, clearing his throat. He nodded to Jrasic but looked to Terra. "Have you seen my sister?"

Terra shook her head. "No I think she was busy with Jason. She'll be out soon." Charles gave a short nod and turned back into the Manor. Terra frowned as she looked after him. "He's so quiet. I was never one for quiet people," she commented absently under her breath to Jrasic.

"And he was never one for people," Jrasic said, looking after him. "You have an interesting pick in friends."

"It's better than having none at all," she said. "I'm sure he's alright. Just one of those strong and silent types."

"Yeah sure," Jrasic said with a snort. His grin faltered at the feel of the moon as it hung solidly in the sky. A few wolves around them started to break down into the shift already, others had commanded the shift to come early. Scanning the treeline, Jrasic found Aaron already standing as a wolf with Sonya completing her shift at his side.

The moon tugged at Terra, forcing her to let out a short gasp of pain. "Round two with the moon." She gave Jrasic a slight smile and let the moon take her, giving short gasps whenever her bones cracked. Minutes later, she landed as her wolf and let out a huff of air in relief.

Jrasic took to his shift shortly after. Just as he stood on his own paws, Sonya let a bark ring out across the Manor's yard. It drew attention to her just as she turned into the forest to lead the pack through their run. Jrasic found Aaron's gaze by the treeline. The other black wolf remained by his tree as the pack members passed him by.