Chapter Thirty-Three

Rain poured from the sky and slammed hard against the roof of the cabin

Rain poured from the sky and slammed hard against the roof of the cabin. Terra sat with a heavy comforter on a chair pulled close to the window. She sipped at her mug of coffee, hair tousled from the night before and a grin on her face.

Arms came around her from behind and Jrasic tucked his face into the crook of her neck, breathing in her scent. Drops of water still rolled from the ends of his hair as he kissed her neck before glancing to the window. "About time it rained."

Terra hummed happily and snuggled into him. "Did you go out into it?" she asked him with a small laugh.

"Just a quick shower," Jrasic said. "But I might as well have just gone outside."

Terra pulled back just enough so that she could see him. She pulled him down to kiss him softly and offered out her mug when she leaned back. "Coffee?"

Jrasic stole another kiss before he took the mug. He took a small sip and held it back out to her. "How are you doing?"

Terra finished the last of her coffee and put it down on her bedside table. "A little tired," she told him with a coy grin. Terra stood from her chair with the blanket still around her shoulders.

"Then maybe we can skip training for today," Jrasic suggested and came around to her side, slipping an arm around her again. "Especially with the rain and all."

With a small laugh, Terra moved her arms to wrap the blanket around him as well. She stood on her toes to kiss his neck and moved her way up to his lips. "You may have to take another shower," she whispered.

Jrasic tugged her close, lips feathering over hers. "Worth it."

Terra let the blanket fall and wrapped her arms around his neck. She tugged at his lips gently with her teeth and pressed herself against him. A nagging feeling pulled at her mind but Terra ignored it.

With a soft chuckle, Jrasic kissed her deeply. He kept one arm around her, holding her close, and let a hand travel down the length of her body.

Terra wrapped her fingers into his damp hair and clung to him desperately. Only when the nagging feeling grew too strong to ignore did she tip her head back and scowl. "Something's wrong," she told him. The moment she addressed the feeling, it worsened. "Something is really wrong."

Jrasic parted from her slightly, almost stunned. "What? What happened?"

"I don't know!" She moved around the bed and was out the door in a second. She paused for no one as Terra went out into the rain, her tank top and pajama shorts immediately soaking wet. She heard the door open behind her, and felt rather than saw Jrasic waiting on the deck. Through the rain, Terra spotted Jake with a girl slung around his shoulders and limping beside him. He moved closer to the tree line and Terra rushed to help. She took some of the girls weight, both of them using all of their strength as she was barely conscious.