Chapter Twenty-Five

The Manor was quiet after the Full Moon, but the silence throughout was more than just exhaustion

The Manor was quiet after the Full Moon, but the silence throughout was more than just exhaustion. Despite it, Terra walked through the Manor towards the kitchen, still picking dirt out from under her fingernails. As she entered she almost ran into Charles who balanced a large bowl of steaming water as well as towels on his arm. "What is all that for?" Terra asked lowly, already guessing his answer.

"Jessie needed them," he answered shortly, trying to reposition the bowl.

With a sigh, Terra took the towels from him. "Let me help." Together they went back to Jessie's room.

The girl sat in front of a younger wolf, the boy holding his bleeding arm to his chest. Jessie took the materials and cleaned him up, waiting to finish before she spoke. "How long ago did this happen?"

Her tone was soft, but the boy whimpered. "A while back. When-when Aaron came back and..." He trailed off and sniffed again.

With an angry growl from the doorway, Terra caused all heads to turn to her. "Oh hell no, they are not getting away with it this time."

She spun out of the room and smacked into Jake, who caught her arm. "Terra, wait, what happened?" Without responding, Terra yanked out of his grasp and dashed down the hall.

Jrasic stood at the bottom of the stairs with Jason just beside him. He looked away from the other healer upon catching Terra's scent and looked up in time to find her at the top of the stairs. "Terra?" he questioned at the expression she wore.

A few steps from the bottom, Terra finally stopped to acknowledge him. "Where's Sonya?" she asked in a snap. She paused and tried to find the Alpha throughout the Manor. She glanced towards the living room and moved past Jrasic and Jason.

"Terra, wait." Jrasic turned after her and into the living room. Sonya was sitting on the furthermost couch, one leg slung over the other. She sat up straighter at the sight of Terra and Jrasic, though said nothing.

Terra stopped as she entered the room, but barely paid Jrasic any mind. "I am done standing around and letting you be a tyrant to these wolves. This has got to stop, Sonya."

Sonya yawned casually and leaned back into the couch. "Oh? Amuse me then, love," she said.

With a slight growl at her lacking attitude, Terra continued. "These wolves are not your playthings. They are not chew toys for Aaron, and they are not here to entertain you. If you think fear will hold these wolves to you, then you are wrong." Terra straightened up as she stared down at Sonya. "You're no Alpha. You're a coward and a dictator."

An amused grin consumed Sonya's face. "Wow," she said. "If that's how you really feel." Sonya leaned forward, hands folded neatly on her knee. "Then what will you do? You can barge in here and say what you will. It's just a single wolf's opinion. While it's hurtful that it comes from you, it is what it is."