Chapter Forty-One

The defined lines of Jrasic's cheekbones took the most concentration, followed by the intricate strands of his hair

The defined lines of Jrasic's cheekbones took the most concentration, followed by the intricate strands of his hair. It curled in his face as he slept, and Terra took great pains to accent the softness of his features when he was relaxed.

She sat with her legs crossed and was almost hovering over him at times, the pounding of the rain covering any sound of her movements. Without bothering to ask him, she had stolen one of his hoodies in the dark and stormy morning. The sickness was all but gone from her features, and only the half noticeable sniffles remained.

Jrasic drew a deep and slow breath, digging his head into the pillow that was trapped in the crook of his arm. His eyelids fluttered but didn't open as his muscles relaxed again. "What're you doing?" he mumbled.

"Hush," she whispered fiercely. "I'm almost done." Terra added a few more flourishes of her pencil before she sat back. "It would have been better with charcoal, but still." With a soft grin she turned it to him and traced the back of her fingers down his cheek. "Happy birthday."

Jrasic opened his eyes to her then glanced down to the drawing. He groaned a little as he pushed himself up more, propping up on an elbow. "Who told you that?"

"Who do you think?" She held the sketchbook up to hide most of her face. "Do you like it?"

A smile picked at his lips as he looked the drawing over. "A glorified version, I'm sure," he said and met her gaze again. "It's amazing."

Terra flipped her pages closed and left it on the bedside table. She leaned over Jrasic, hair tickling his cheeks. "I thought we might stay in here to celebrate."

"Now that," Jrasic said, shifting onto his back, "Sounds perfect." He reached up to her and slipped his fingers into her hair. A smile crossed his lips as Terra moved her legs to straddle him. He met her lips with his own as she slid into his embrace, propping herself up with her arms.

She parted just long enough to whisper, "I thought so," her lips brushing his as she spoke. He kissed her again just lightly.

"How are you feeling?" he asked and slid a hand against the side of her leg.

"Much better." Terra tossed her hair back and smiled broadly at him. "Definitely better enough for this, at least."

Jrasic allowed a small chuckle and wound his arms around her. "Well, at least that's good," he said as she leaned down against him. His eyes fluttered closed as Terra pecked his lips, before her own moved to his chin and then his neck. One of her hands glided to his shoulder as she nipped his skin with her teeth.

A slow breath escaped him, and Jrasic moved his hand to hers, twining their fingers together. A small laugh from Terra hummed against his neck and she drew away to kiss his cheek again. Terra lowered her weight down to his torso and rested on his chest with a grin, just barely out of reach.