Chapter 14 : Goodbye, Old Self

It had been a week since Jungkook came back at BigHit. He was able to walk normally after 4 days, and the doctor even said that it was the fastest coma recovery he'd have ever seen in his career. It was mostly due to Namjoon, who, too scared, spent his days and nights looking after Jungkook and remembering him who everyone was. The moment he was able to stand up, the group showed him back to back every single choreography of the dances they did. At first, Jungkook was confused, but after a minute of the first dance, he joined in. He danced like nothing had ever happened. They spent their whole day dancing their songs, only pausing for water, to go eat or go to the bathroom. You were watching them and it was very very impressive. At 10 o'clock, when they finished every single song they did, they congratulated Jungkook for remembering their choreographies, thankfully, because the choreographies would have taken him ages to learn back.
Jungkook still had difficulty with the names, but everyday, he remembered a little more. You were eating supper together when your phone rang. It was your mother. Or right.....fuck.

Y/n : I'll be back soon, everyone.

You get out of the table and ran to the bathroom.

Y/n : Heyyyyyyy mommmmmm, long time we haven't talked, you said to lessen her anger.

Your mom : I know, you never come back home! I get it, your boyfriend is all interesting and all, but we never see you at home!

Y/n : My friends require me here, mom.

Your mom : And what do you think we are! Nothing!

Y/n : That's not what I meant, mom. I meant to say that I'm not a kid anymore! I'm coming home tonight and I'm moving out. I'm old enough now, mom. You need to let go.

Your mom : This isn't going to happen, young lady. The university called me to ask me where you were! And Mr. George, he wants to know when you'll come back!

Y/n : Mom, I'm moving out. I like it better in Seoul. It isn't as dead as home. And I'll arrange myself financially and intellectually!

Your mom : Y/n, I don't like your attitude. You'll come back home. Right now.

Y/n : Mom, I can't. I found myself here, with my boyfriend in Seoul. I have enough of your little secrets and taking YOUR responsibilities as a parent. I shouldn't be the one to make supper all the time for my little brother! IT'S YOUR JOB, NOT MINE.

Your mom : I told you, my work is taking me most of the time! I try to pull myself as a single parent raising two children in a small house in Korea! YOU THINK IT WASN'T HARD FOR ME TOO?

Y/n : WE SHOULDN'T HAVE EVER LEFT THE AMERICAS, MOM. THE ONLY POSITIVE THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME SINCE WE MOVED HERE IS MY BOYFRIEND. THE REST IS JUST THE FUCKING SAME AS BEFORE. YOU'RE STILL AN EVASIVE MOM WHO CARES MORE ABOUT HER JOB THAN HER OWN TWO CHILDREN!

Your mom : WELL MY JOB WANTED ME CHANGE PLACES. YOU THINK I WANTED TO LEAVE THE AMERICAS? I DIDN'T WANT EITHER! I DON'T LIKE IT HERE! IT'S ALL NEW AN STUFF AND PEOPLE ARE TOO DIFFERENT FROM BACK THERE!

Y/n : MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T STICK YOUR HEAD THAT MUCH UP YOUR ASS, YOU WOULD ACTUALLY ENJOY IT HERE. IT'S JUST A DIFFERENT FUCKING PLACE, IT'S NORMAL FOR PEOPLE TO BE DIFFERENT, MOM.

Your mom : I AM GIVING YOU 5 HOURS TO COME GET ALL YOUR STUFF AND LEAVE, YOU FUCKING UNGRATEFUL DAUGHTER. AFTER THAT DELAY, I WILL BURN IT ALL.

Y/n : GREAT! GOODBYE, MOM.

You end the call, annoyed and angry. You violently open the door and sit back with the guys, visibly annoyed. Tae wraps his arm around you and you rest his head on his shoulder.