Chapter 43 : A Favor

Kim Seok-Jin : Oh hey, Y/n! I was searching for you! Why did it take you so much time?

Y/n : It's a long story, you sighed, relieved to live another day.

From the corner of his eye, Jin saw your ring reflect in the moonlight.

Kim Seok-Jin : You're......you're married to him?

Y/n : It was the only way to escape him, you explained, removing the ring from your middle finger.

You were about to throw it the strongest you could, to never have to remind yourself of Namjoon, when Jin stopped you in mid-air.

Kim Seok-Jin : I'll take it. It'll be easily worth a few thousand american dollars, he smiled. You don't want us to starve there, do you? Now, shall we go?

He was right. If you didn't want to be traced back by Namjoon, you had to make money illegaly and change both of your names, as soon as you got there. Jin put his hand on your shoulder, smiled at you to reassure you and guided you forwards.

He took you in front of the desk and stood in front of you, his letter in his right hand, ready to negociate something. He knocked rapidly two times on the desk, then one long knock and finally, again knocked two rapid times. You heard shuffling around and the eerie feeling that you felt before disappeared in a second. You didn't feel like you were being watched anymore, appeasing you.

Y/n : Now what do we do?

Kim Seok-Jin : We wait.

Suddenly, a trapdoor opened in the ceiling, in your diagonal and a little old man in a white suit and two bulky men got out, each of those two men were bringing a chair with them. They saw you and one disappeared back into the dark opening, getting one more chair with him, more heavy and definitely not like the other two blue plastic chairs. He installed the chair right in front of the writing desk. Without saying a word, the little old man sat down, seeming unimpressed by all this coordinated effort. The two other men brought the plastic chairs to you and pointing the chairs to you, they indicated you to sit down too. You sat down on one, but Jin didn't sit and just stood there, a determined look on his face. Finally, each of the two bulky men dressed in black stood next to the little old man, their hands crossed in front of them. You felt a presence behind you and assumed it was more bodyguards, but you ignored them.

The little old man : We meet again, Jin.

Kim Seok-Jin : I'm not here to chat, Vodka.

Those words said, he slapped the letter on the little old man's desk, making it slide down to him.

Vodka : Oh you don't want to talk? Then why are you here?

Kim Soek-Jin : I want to make use of my favor.

The old man grinned, took the paper from in front of him and observed it in every angle, to make sure it was in good condition and legit.

Vodka : What can I do for you, he said, putting the paper aside.

Kim Seok-Jin : I want you to help me and some of my friends make a new life in America and protect us from Namjoon.

Vodka : Pffff, easy. How many?

Kim Seok-Jin : How many what?