Chapter 17 : The Haunting Past

Y/n : Wait....who even are you?

??? : It might sound like the craziest story you've heard in your life, Y/n, but I am your dad.

Y/n : Yeah sure, like I'd believe in that.

Your dad : I am not joking around. It's me, Y/n! Don't you recognize me? I traveled half the world to come see you, and this is how you salute me?

Y/n : How can I be sure it's you? You don't have proof.

Your dad : Your mother and I divorced three years ago. I was an alcoholic. I did bad decisions, knew things I shouldn't have had and then drunk my sadness and my knowledge in alcohol. I always told you though, in the times I wasn't drunk that...

Y/n and your dad : You and your brother are the best thing that happened to me, ever.

Your eyes start to water from all the emotion, but even then, you turn your back to your dad, still frustrated at him, even after all those years.

Y/n : You were drunk! You were a dangerous person! You could have raised us normally, but you had to drink your worries up. What's wrong with you?

You turn to him, in pure anger and frustration.

Your dad : I'm sorry for what happened in the past, Y/n. You and your brother-

Y/n : YOU DIDN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT ME. YOU ONLY CARED ABOUT HIM, BECAUSE HE SEEMED MORE INTERESTED IN YOU AND WASN'T SCARED OF YOU LIKE ME AND MOM WERE. GO AWAY!

Your dad : Y/n, I know things that are too dangerous for me to tell you. But you mom. She has a very particular job. You might not like the truth, but she's actually a-

Y/n : I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT! YOU ALMOST FUCKING KILLED US! YOU ALMOST COULD HAVE KILLED YOUR OWN SON! I'D RATHER STAY WITH HER THAN WITH YOU!

Your dad : I understand, but it was complicated. I'm sober now, and I'd like you two to come live with me back in America, like you would have wanted to. I know you'd like to go back there.....

Kim Taehyung : What's going on here, sir, why are you talking to my girlfriend?

Y/n : Tae!

It's Tae, with a cap and his usual black mask. Your dad looks at you two weirdly. He points Taehyung, and then looks at you.

Your dad : You have a boyfriend?

Kim Taehyung : What did he say, little angel?

Y/n : Yes, I have a boyfriend dad. And I told you, I don't want to see you again. Ever. My dad here, you say pointing your dad, didn't know I had a boyfriend, you tell Taehyung in Korean.

Your dad : Whatever, he says, swiftly avoiding the futile conversation, Y/n, you HAVE to listen to me, you mom...she's dangerous! Her job could get you all in big trouble! God, I didn't want to say it right here, in front of your boyfriend especially......but your mother.....She's....SHE'S A-

Kim Taehyung : Hum. Is he bothering you, he questions you, interrupting your dad completely.

Your dad : Quit talking over me, young man! What did he say?

Y/n : Yes, you say to Tae. He said that he wasn't pleased to see you here, and that you should go, because he makes me happier than you ever did. And dad, I don't care what mom does as a job, she raised me when you couldn't do it.

Kim Taehyung : Do you want me to tell him to go, he asks you.

Y/n : Not necessary, he'll leave, trust me Tae.

Your dad : Okay, if that's how you thank me....I'm going. Don't say I didn't warn you though. You'll regret everything when you'll know what your mother does for a job. And that guy, I don't trust him, he says pointing Tae with his chin.

He turns and leaves, and Tae waits until he turns a corner to walk back with you, insuring that he has really left. He takes your hand and takes you back, hand in hand, to BigHit. You can almost see BigHit now. You're so close. You just need to continue walking a little on they grey cement sidewalk for a couple more meters, and you've arrived. It's silent, and the only sound you can hear is the wind howling through the trees. Then, Tae breaks this silence, making a smart remark, proving that he cares about you and listens to what you tell him.

Kim Taehyung : I thought your mom wasn't seeing your dad anymore, he says in Korean.

Y/n : Me too. I don't know. He wanted to take me back to America, because my mom was "special".

Kim Taehyung : Hum. Well. I'm sorry for you. All these events thrown at you at the same time must be really hard for you.

Y/n : It's okay.....I have you.

Kim Taehyung : Aw.

He pinches your cheeks, telling you how cute you are. You giggle loudly. Suddenly, you see people rushing in to you two.

Kim Taehyung : Oh, oh....Paparazzis. Come fast.

He pulls your hand fowards, to tell you to go faster. You know he wants to try to outrun them, but you're not in the mood for a run, and you know that it's inevitable anyway.

Y/n : Tae....we won't be able to hide it much longer........We need to make it public, no matter how much people will turn their noses to BTS because of it.

Kim Taehyung : You're right little angel. Let's show them what we're made of.

He removes his cap and slides his mask off his face. He looks at you contemplating you, a small smile on his face. The wind starts to get less agressive, and now the gentle breeze slowly rocks his grey hair back and forwards, wonderfully. He leans in towards you, raise your chin up for a kiss, but you push him off.

Y/n : Not in front of everyone!

Kim Taehyung : Too late, cutie.

He kisses your cheek, then goes to your mouth, kissing it as softly as a butterfly's majestic flight. You close your eyes, enjoying the moment. It's a long kiss, and it seems to go on and on forever. The world is spinning around, and around, more and more, as paparazzi flash their cameras, taking as many pictures as they like. The world seems to revolve around you two. Pictures are taken, questions are asked, but it's just noise for you two and neither of you care about it, as you're too concentrated into each other. This is your moment.

It's the most amazing feeling.

________
Quick question : Why was your dad telling you to come live with him? Why did he warn you about your mother?

-ARegularPerson