Chapter 28 : The Train

The whistle of the train seemed to be closer now. It was still very distant, mind you, but it seemed a bit closer now.

Kim Taehyung : Are you thinking about the same thing, Jimin?

Park Jimin : Taehyung.....last time we barely made it alive. It's a very fast train since it has no stops on its way to drop its' merchandise.

Kim Taehyung : No time for chatting, all the passengers to the 4 o'clock train, please board the train in the next minutes.

Y/n : Taehyung....it's so far away. How are we going to make it?

Kim Taehyung : Observe closely what I'll do, my love.

Taehyung takes Jimin's feet and swoops him off the ground, bridal style, making sure Jimin is alright, even though Jimin is purely annoyed from this.

Park Jimin : Let me go! You've got your girlfriend! Do it with her, instead!

Kim Taehyung : I'm sorry, Jimin, but this is the only way that-

Park Jimin : I WON'T LET YOU...TAKE ME LIKE THIS! AND MY LAST BIT OF HONOR, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH IT?

Kim Taehyung : Okay, Jimin, the blood loss surely getting to your head. Calm down, please. This is the only way that we're ever going to get on that train....

Park Jimin : I DON'T WANT TO, LET ME GO, he screams, wiggling in the arms of Taehyung.

Kim Taehyung : I'm sorry, Jimin, but this is the only way that everyone can get on this train, including you.

Park Jimin : Okay fine, he sighs.

Kim Taehyung : Then if everyone's okay with it, we're going to catch this train!

Taehyung takes Jimin and starts running, making Jimin bounce up and down in Taehyung's arms. You follow him, running through the tall grass, being careful not to trip and fall. You don't know how Taehyung manages to run this fast, even with someone is his arms, but now's not the time to think about it. Jimin grips onto Taehyung, since it's such a bumpy ride. Of course, the train's whistles are even closer than before, coming from less than 300 meters. The railroad is still far away, but you can see the black locomotive coming closer.

Kim Taehyung : FASTER, Y/N! WE'RE STILL FAR AWAY FROM THE TRAIN!

You run faster, trying to catch up to them, but you don't do so, Taehyung still being faster than you. How does he do this without tripping or seeming tired while you were already tired and sweating? Seriously, you would like to know his secret. The railroad is not that far away, and you can see the train coming in at more than 60 km/h. The grass becomes less thick and yellower. You guess you're close and you're right. The railroad tracks are 15 meters away from you. Tae stops and drops Jimin on his feet quickly.

Kim Taehyung : OKAY WE DON'T HAVE A MILLION CHANCES, he screams over the sounds of the incoming train.
Y/N, GO FIRST. TAKE THE FIRST WAGON AND RUN TOWARDS IT.

The train whistles one last time, with the loudest whistle that you've ever heard. The train is coming fast, but you see a wagon with it's doors open, with nothing in it. It's perfect. You run your fastest, dodging grass and numerous holes. You run the fastest you can and the wagon is closer and closer to you. You see the opportunity and find the perfect spot to jump, and luckily for you, there's a rusty handle next to the door. You jump, and slip a little, almost falling back down, but somehow, you manage to hold on to the wagon's handle. You wave at the two other guys, telling them that you succeeded. The wagon you're in is dark and rusty, but it's perfect and a new hope shines through everything. It's prism-shaped, colored rusty red and black and with a wooded floor. From far away, you can see Taehyung making his run to a wagon too. He's running really fast and he sees an opportunity to get on the train. He sees a wagon perfect for him and runs as fast as he can towards it, he jumps....

Grabs the handle and jumps in like a pro. He waves at you to tell you that he's okay.

Now it's Jimin's turn.....

He runs, but he's a bit slower than you too. He tries to run hus fastest to the next open wagon, holding the side of his chest, in pain, but he trips and falls down next to the railroad tracks. You watch in horror as Jimin falls down, head first, in the tall grass, and as the train whistles one last time, you scream Jimin's name, realizing that he's not moving anymore, as your train leaves him there, lying on the ground, next to the railroad tracks.

Y/n : JIMIN!!!

__________
Sorry for this being way too short.....I hope you still enjoyed this chapter, even though it ends on a major plot twist.

-ARegularPerson