Chapter 26 : Black Van

The black van was closing in rapidly, but Jimin didn't let him get closer and sped up, passing honking cars and frustrated drivers at a speed way over the imposed speed limit. You were glued to the back of your seat as Jimin was driving recklessly around cars, not minding whom he was frustrating or whom he was cutting in front of. The black van was following way tok closely to your taste. Suddenly, another van appeared, which frustrated Jimin, who just accelerated even more, toping now at a speed greater than 130 km/h. There was a bridge coming in sight, and as you approched near it, you saw that it was closed by other black vans accompagnied by the police. There were only fields nearby and you already knew that it was over and that they would simply wait for you to arrive in their grasp.

Park Jimin : How in the world did these guys know where we were heading?

Kim Taehyung : I think.....Y/n's boss mentionned something about the police....

Park Jimin : WHY DIDN'T YOU MENTION THAT EARLIER? WE HAD PLENTY-look, don't worry it's unnecessary to get mad about something that already happened. We're gonna try something risky, I hope you're both ready.

He turned abruptly his driving wheel at a 90 degree angle, almost hitting a car, but entering quickly the nearby fields. In the distance, you heard a train whistling as it passed in the distance. It was a bumpy ride, and you were considerably slowed down, toping a maximum speed of 60km/h in the tall grass. The black van still followed, turning exactly where you turned and following you from a distance, not slowed down by the tall grass that was already laying flat where you went.

Kim Taehyung : YOU'RE GOING TO KILL US ALL, JIMIN!

Park Jimin : TRUST ME, I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING-

Just at the exact moment when you hit a bump, sending you all flying a couple meters in the tall grass. When you crashed back onto the ground, you heard a loud sound of something cracking, as you suspected something broke from the fall and your suspicions were confirmed when Jimin tried to accelerate again. Instead of the deafening roar of an working engire, you hear a low CRR, CRR.

Park Jimin : Fuck, we're dead. Everyone out!

Obeying him, as it seemed most safe, you got out quickly. Taehyung was even faster and immediately took you by the hand, leading you away. Jimin lead the way in the tall grass, running at a speed you thought was impossible to achieve with such short legs. Of course, running for your life makes it easier and in a matter of no time, you were meters away from the car.

Park Jimin : Everyone to the ground, now, he whispered.

You dropped to the ground, surrounded by Taehyung who was shielding you. Seconds later, you heard another engine roaring closer and dropping about 5 meters away from you, close to your car. You heard the engine stop and doors opening. Then you heard a very familiar voice that had wished never hearing again.

Kim Namjoon : I WANT SOMEONE SEARCHING THE CAR, RIGHT NOW.

Seconds later you heard someone scream back to him, in a, yet again, very familiar voice.

Min Yoongi : IT'S EMPTY!

Kim Namjoon : WELL FUCKING SEARCH BETTER, THEY HAVE FUCKING LEGS! THEY CAN'T BE THAT FAR. JIN, I TRUST YOU, BRING JUNGKOOK WITH YOU UP SOUTH WHILE I GO WITH HOSEOK AND YOONGI UP NORTH.

Kim Seok-Jin : Sure thing, boss.

Again these mindless minions were going to do everything in their power to find you. You knew that they would find you, as you weren't that far away from the car, and outnumbered easily. You thought you were well hidden until you heard ruffling of the grass being pushed over, meaning that someone was coming closer.