Episode 14: Splitting Manipulation- Immunity Challenge

As the cameras slowly panned back on the beach, the campers were scene standing in pairs, ready to jump into the pen and grab the materials that they needed to build their boats. They spent the last few minutes debating on what their plan was, and they all had a pretty good idea as to what they needed to get and build.

"Ready, set, go!" Chris declared as he sounded his airhorn, allowing the campers to run and grab their materials.

--------

Out of the four pairs, Daniel & Amalia had the most ambitious project. Their goal was to create a motorboat-like vehicle out of their spare parts. For their motor, the managed to get ahold of a gasoline-driven leaf blower. As for their body, they essentially found a long plank of wood which they cut down to the appropriate size. Calling on Daniel's engineering skills, they were confident that this plan would work out for them.

"So do I just drill the boogie-boards onto the wood timbers?" Amalia asked.

"No, have to sandwich them between two pieces of wood and then just use the duct tape to secure it," Daniel corrected, "Or else the board will just rip off."

"Alright," Amalia replied as she began to do so, "What are you doing?"

"I'm creating the base of the boat," Daniel answered as he sanded down the corners of the plank of wood.

"What's the tarp for?" Amalia questioned, curious.

"It creates a sealed area under the board into which the air will be pumped," Daniel revealed, "When we pump the air down through the board, the tarp will create a bit of an airpocket."

"Wouldn't the 'airpocket' burst if we keep on pumping air in?" Amalia noted.

"That's why I'll cut a few holes in the tarp to allow air to flow out, which is what will propel us," Daniel remarked, "So I guess it's more of a 'hovercraft' than a boat, but it's close enough."

"The problem with building a hovercraft that goes on water is that it's difficult to keep it afloat. To solve this, we have boogie boards extending out the sides of the hovercraft, which increases the surface area of the craft so there's less mass per unit of surface area. That allows the boat to be propelled solely by the leaf blower. Sure, it'll take a while to build, but if it works, we'll be moving much faster than everyone else."- Daniel

"Gotta admit, Daniel isn't just 'physical', he's a real good thinker. It's like he has the mind of a genius or something! Again, being in a relationship has its benefits."- Amalia

--------

Any romantic relationship has its pros and cons; in this kind of game, one could argue that there were more cons than pros. Like Daniel had predicted at the beginning of the game, the Amaniel ship put a target on their backs for simply being together. The fact that they were unwilling to vote for each other lead many of the others to want to split them up. Tory was ready to express that point to Devin.

"I didn't think that you guys were this far into planning," Devin admitted as he dragged a plank of wood towards Tory.

"Well, that's what happened," Tory insisted, "The five of us are set on splitting up Daniel and Amalia."

"It's up to me to get Devin in on the plan and let him know that we have the votes to make a big move. Hopefully he'll be fine with it."- Tory

"How do you know that the girls aren't just playing us?" Devin asked, being cautious, "Especially Rhythm; we just voted out her closest ally."

"The thing is, she's blaming Daniel for entire thing! Not you, not me, not Matthew; only Daniel!" Tory explained, excited, "This might be too big of an opportunity to pass up!"