Episode 17: Stairway to Hell- Immunity Challenge

A/N: Before you start the chapter, if you want to play along with the campers, feel free to use the clues in the picture above as a guide. Even if you don't want to, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

--------

"Welcome back to Total Drama Island: Return to Wawanakwa," Chris welcomed as the cameras focused on him, "Before the break, the campers were informed of their next immunity challenge: a test of mental prowess as they remember those who've fallen on their way to the final five. Let's get down to the action!"

--------

With Chris' introduction completed, the cameras panned in on the final five, each standing at the bottom of their respective staircase. In their minds, the campers were replaying the past events of the season, mentally preparing themselves for the clues that they would be given.

"On your marks, get set..." Chris began before sounding his airhorn, "GO!"

With that, the campers removed the covers to the two clues on the first step: "Was a member of the Cougars, Wolverines, and Moose" and "Voted out the first time that they received votes". In their minds, it was a pretty difficult set of clues to start off with, granted that they had to remember the first time that every eliminated camper received votes.

"Veronica.......yeah," Amalia muttered to herself as she placed Veronica's nameplate between the two clues and hit her buzzer, causing the plate to light up, "Yes!"

"Not Zeyad...not Matthew...not Tory...not Aaron...and Rhythm isn't gone yet, so it must be Veronica," Daniel rationalized as he attached the right nameplate and successfully lit it up.

"As much as I'd like to win immunity today, I know that Amalia needs it more, so I'm gonna compete, but I'm gonna stop at the end and throw it to her. Hopefully it works."- Daniel

"How am I supposed to remember this...?" Devin muttered to himself as he just stared at the clues with a blank expression.

"First five...team swap...Callie," Daniel declared as he placed Callie's nameplate on the second step and hit his buzzer, lighting it.

"Callie...I think..." Katelyn muttered as she secured Callie's nameplate and hit her buzzer, thereby allowing herself to move on to the 3rd step, "Didn't make the merge..."

"I feel like I remember a lot of what happened this season. I remember the elimination order, who played invincibility statues, and the challenges, but not the vote tallies. That might be a bit more difficult."- Katelyn

"There!" Katelyn exclaimed as she hit her buzzer, causing the Alejandro plate on her 3rd step to light up.

"Can't forget this day," Amalia remarked as she hit her buzzer to light her third step.

"I remember the night that Alejandro was voted out; it was the first time that Daniel played an invincibility statue for me. So I knew that one right away."- Amalia

"Um...." Rhythm muttered as she hit her buzzer, causing it to light up, "Good."

"The second step wasn't bad: I knew that the first team swap happened after the 4th elimination, so the person fitting the clues must've been the 5th person eliminated, which was Callie."- Rhythm

"This?" Devin questioned as he hit his buzzer, realizing immediately after that he was wrong, "Which one is it?"

"The clue said 'Was a member of the Cougars, Wolverines, and Moose'. I can hardly remember which teams I was on during the game! How am I supposed to remember the teams that someone else was on?"- Devin