Episode 19: The Final Countdown- Final Challenge Pt.2

"Welcome back to the finale of Total Drama Island: Return to Wawanakwa," Chris welcomed from the beach, "Before the break, we saw both Amalia & Rhythm complete the second stage and were on their way to the pedal cars. With the end nearly here, let's get back to the challenge."

--------

The cameras turned their attention back to the six competing campers, who were now sprinting towards the pedal cars. Upon further inspection, it had one seat in front and two seats in the back, with a set of pedals and a steering wheel in front of the front seat. Resting on the back seats was a paintball gun, leaving the campers with an ample opportunity to shoot the other team. In a way, it was like a golf cart with a turret.

"Here's what we're doing: Veronica drives because she has the most amount of leg strength, and I shoot because I've got pretty good aim," Daniel declared as he hopped into the back seat.

"What about me?" Rhythm asked, wanting a part of the action.

"You're going to hide behind me, so if the other team tries to hit you, the paintballs will hit me instead of you," Daniel insisted, "Veronica, get in."

"Alright," Veronica agreed as she stepped into the front seat.

"Are you sure?" Rhythm asked as she took her seat, "It's gonna hurt, ya' know."

"I've felt much worse pain on this show than being shot by a paintball," Daniel rationalized, "Drive!"

"Let's go!" Veronica declared as she began pedaling, allowing the three of them to start rolling down the path.

"Bye guys!" Daniel taunted as the blue car began driving away.

"Screw it, I'll drive," Ellie declared as she got into the front seat, "Amalia, you take the gun."

"Awesome," Amalia remarked as she grabbed the gun, "Let's light them up."

"Drive, Ellie!" Callie called out, allowing Ellie to begin pedaling.

"Can ya' go any faster?" Amalia asked, wanting to make up time.

"Hey, we're catching up," Ellie noted, pointing at the other car, "We're doing fine."

"How are they catching up?!" Rhythm asked, shocked, "Veronica, pedal faster!"

"This is full power!" Veronica insisted, doing her best to pedal.

"At this point, I don't know if we have much of a chance at outdriving them. I honestly thought that we'd be much farther ahead."- Veronica

"I've never driven a pedal-driven car before, but I think that I'm pretty good at it. Luckily, all my one-hour sprints after school are actually paying off right now."- Ellie

"Should I start shooting them?" Amalia asked.

"Go for it," Ellie allowed.

"Aiming....and fire!" Amalia announced as she shot three paintballs, narrowly missing Rhythm's head.

"Ahhh!" Rhythm screamed as she hid behind Daniel.

"And this is why I wanted to be the one to shoot," Daniel noted as he picked up his gun and aimed it at the window of the other cart, "Let's see how they like this..."

"Hey!" Ellie exclaimed as Daniel began shooting the front windshield of her cart, "Cut it out!"

"Don't just sit there; dodge them!" Amalia ordered.

"Well, it looks like it's working," Rhythm noted as she watched the other cart beginning to swerve, "Keep it going, Daniel!"

"I had no intention of stopping," Daniel replied as he continued to cover the other team's windshield with paint.