Episode 1: Back To Basics- Introduction

It was that time again: after years of searching, preparing and rebuilding, the new season of Total Drama Island was about to begin, being known as "The Return To Wawanakwa". Due to the original camp and island sinking into the ocean during Total Drama Island: All-Stars, the production crew set up the camp on a new island just off the coast of Newfoundland. After having a drop in ratings after the last season, the network requested that the show return to a concept similar to their original season; the highest rated one of the series.

In general, the makeup of the environment and the animal inhabitants remained relatively the same. All it took was the setup of a dock, an outhouse confessional, a production camp, four cabins, and a communal washroom. Upon setting up hundreds of microphones and cameras around the island, the hiring of a dozen more interns to replace those who've perished during the preparation, it was finally time for the host, Chris McLean, to narrate the start of the new season. With multiple cameras and light panned onto the host, he began his speech.

"After a long hiatus, we're back, Total Drama fans! I'm you're host, Chris McLean, back again with another season of the show that you've all been wanting to see more of!" Chris began, "For this season, twenty brand new teenagers will begin the two month struggle for $1,000,000 on the newly rebuild Camp Wawanakwa, located somewhere near Newfoundland. As a celebration of our return, we've brought the game back to where it started: cabins, communal showers, the Dock of Shame, and twice the dra- no... THRICE the drama of all of the seasons combined. Where are these vic- I mean teenagers? They're down in a submarine, anxiously awaiting their demise. Who will survive? Who knows? Fasten your seatbelts, and prepare for Total...Drama...Island... Return To Wawanakwa!"

--------

https://Pixton.com/ic:k2su4k3x

--------

As Chris finished introducing the season, a submarine submerged from the water behind him, indicating that the twenty contestants for the season had arrived. After fixing his hair in a mirror held by an intern, Chris walked over to the end of the dock, eager to greet the contestants so he could see who he'd get to see in pain over the next two months.

The first contestant walked out of the submarine with a swagger in his step. Clad in a dark blue hoodie, brown shorts, and gray sneakers, he brushed his hand through his short, dirty blonde, spiky haircut. Standing 5'5" at sixteen years of age with blue eyes, he was destined to be the epitome of the White American male, unless his unrelenting love for women prevented him from doing so.

"Aaron Hannigan. Nice to meet you," Chris greeted halfheartedly.

"Nice to meet you man," Aaron replied as he gazed at his surroundings, "Hey, are the dorms co-ed?"

"No, stand over there," Chris answered immediately, leaving a slightly saddened Aaron to walk over to the other edge of the dock with his blue duffel bag.

The second contestant jumped out of the submarine; his 5'10", 18 year-old frame landing on the dock with a rumble. Wearing a gray t-shirt, blue jeans, and black sneakers, he walked down the dock confidently; his short, brown hair in a scissor cut hairstyle blowing in the wind as the light shined off his brown eyes. He came in believing that he could easily win, but would soon be snapped back into reality.

"Alejandro Ruiz-Hernandez," Chris stated as he read from his intern's clipboard, "Do you happen to be related-"

"I am in no way, shape, or form related or affiliated with the Alejandro from season 3 and 5," Alejandro insisted as he angrily walked over to Aaron with his red duffel bag in tow.

The third contestant slowly made his way out of the submarine, carrying his eighteen year-old, 5'10", huskier body out with him. He looked all around at the environment around him, checking to see if his black sweater, blue jeans, and black boots would hold up. Coming from a Romanian upbringing, he was taught to always be aware of his surroundings, including the people who would be around him, for he never knew if he would be able to trust them.