Episode 17: Stairway to Hell- Downtime/Elimination

"And we're back with the 17th episode of Total Drama Island: Return to Wawanakwa!" Chris narrated, "Before the break, Daniel proved his genius status on his way to winning his first individual immunity challenge of the season. With one of the biggest targets in the game immune from tonight's elimination ceremony, let's take a look at what all of the campers have planned."

--------

With Chris' opening completed, the cameras panned in on the living room of the mini-mansion, where Daniel was resting after expending most of his energy during the challenge. He was elated to know that he was safe, but the battle for the day wasn't over; he needed to make sure that Amalia wasn't going to be voted out, and was ready to diplomatically convince people to keep her.

"It's a tough sell, but it's definitely a sell," Daniel remarked to himself.

"Hey! I've got Rhythm here!" Amalia called out as she ran into the mini-mansion with Rhythm in tow.

"So, I think it's pretty obvious that you two are voting together," Rhythm noted, "And I'm guessing that you want me to vote with you."

"It would be the worst move in the history of this show if I were to vote with them. Now that Amalia doesn't have immunity, this might be my only opportunity to take her out. Yes, I admire her as a person and I think that she played a really good game up to now. But this is a game for one million dollars, and she's the biggest threat left in the game. I've got to take her out. Of course, Amalia & Daniel don't have to know that."- Rhythm

"Yeah, obviously," Amalia confirmed.

"Who do you want to vote for?" Rhythm asked, trying to be casual.

"Well, who would you rather vote for?" Daniel returned, "I mean, if you're joining us, you should make the decision. It doesn't matter to us as long as one of them gets voted out."

"In reality, I'd like it if Katelyn went home, because I feel like Devin and I have a good friendship, and he might take me to the final two if he wins the final 3 immunity challenge."- Daniel

"Honestly, Katelyn is probably the right person to vote for," Rhythm expressed, "I mean, I trust her less."

"You think so?" Amalia asked, "I mean, I think that Devin is the better physical competitor."

"Katelyn stayed wayyyyyy longer than she should've," Rhythm reminded, trying to shift some blame onto Katelyn, "If she made it this far, who knows what could happen if we leave her here any longer?"

"At this point, I don't want to have to throw either Katelyn or Devin under the bus. But, in the extremely unlikely case that Daniel or Amalia have an invincibility statue, I'd rather have Katelyn go before Devin. Devin is easier to beat, and I feel like with Katelyn gone, Devin will be forced to cling onto the first person willing to align with him. Which will be me."- Rhythm

"Daniel, remember when Amalia was taken away and you, me, and Kiana made a deal to vote for Katelyn?" Rhythm reminded.

"Yeah, absolutely," Daniel confirmed, nodding his head in response.

"Well, I'd still like that to go down," Rhythm claimed, hoping that Amaniel would believe her.

"I'd like that to go down too," Amalia agreed.

"For me, it's not just about the vote; it's about the future," Daniel revealed, "I mean, I want something solid. At the end of the day, facts are facts: the three of us were alliance members for quite a while. I wouldn't mind rebuilding our final three alliance."