Fifty-Four

"Shawn have you seen my keys?!" Athena yells standing in the middle of the living room. "They're here" he says walking in holding up her keys.

"Thank you" she breathes out taking the keys of him. "You'll be fine" he tells her putting his hands at her waist. "I hope so"

"How do I look?" She steps back then twirls around. Shawn looks her up and down biting his lip, she wore a black turtle neck under a grey mini dress along with a black belt and black stilettos.

"Perfect" he winks grabbing her hand pulling her in. "Are you sure you don't want me to take you?"

"I'm sure, I really have to go now. I love you" she quickly kisses his lips then pulls back grabbing her bag from the sofa. "I love you more"
-
"Miss Carter, you can go up now" the receptionist said. Athena got up from the waiting area making her way to glass doors knocking lightly. "Come in" Athena walked in smiling as Yvette stood up to hug her.

"Athena you look amazing" Yvette exclaims pulling her in for a hug. "As do you Mrs Zane"
She pulls back letting her sit down.

"Please call me Yvette" the women smiles as she sits down opposite Athena. Yvette was around fifty but acted twenty, getting her dyed an ashy grey, her nails always done and her outfits always more than good.

"So I have a position for you Athena but I need some background information first, I've read your CV but I want to hear it from you" Yvette leans forward on the black glass desk.

"Well I love fashion, I attended The Fashion Academy but erm I got kicked out due to attendance" Athena clears her throat. "I love drawing and anything to do with fashion, this industry really made me confident and any position you give me I promise to exceed your expectations"

Yvette nods slowly. "I see you're very passionate about fashion and these illustrations are amazing. I also spoke to the head of the academy and I'm impressed. I'd like to offer you a job" Yvette smiles showing her whitened teeth.

Athena smiles softly trying to contain her excitement. "The position might be difficult at first but I feel like this is the only position I can give you, the other positions are just not good enough" Athena nods not really understanding.

"Athena I want you to work beside me as head editor"

"Head editor?"

"Yes, I'll give you an office and you can work from home if you wish from time to time. Your role will be editing any designs or anything before it gets to me, you'll of course have the chance to design yourself too"

Athena nods taking it all in. "I- I don't know want to say, this is amazing"

"Just accept the offer, this is your hiring cheque" Yvette slides the paper across to Athena and her eyes go wide as she reads over the number. "When can I start?" She asks looking up.

"On Monday morning, welcome to Empire Zane"
-
Athena wonders back home opening the door then resting her back against it. She takes a minute to herself,realising her dream is coming true.

She puts her keys down and shouts Shawn as she enters the kitchen. "Ooo whats going on here?" Athena giggle hugging Shawn from behind.

"No you weren't supposed to this" he groans putting the wooden spoon down to turn around and hug her back. "I'm sorry?" She giggles.

"It's okay, come here" he takes her hand leading her to their bedroom. "Stay here" he instructs. She stands waiting for him patiently taking off her shoes flicking them to the side. Shawn walks back in with a bouquet of flowers.

"Wait, I don't know what happened at the interview but I'm proud of you" he hands her the flowers and Athena grows weak at her knees. She takes the flowers in one hand and puts the other on Shawn's jaw.

"You're too sweet" she leans up meeting his lips, he pulls her forward grabbing her waist deepening the kiss. She pulls back grinning "I got the job, you're looking at the head editor of Empire Zane" she jumps up in to Shawn's arms.

"That's amazing" he laughs hugging her tightly. "You deserve it babe" he squeezes her waist as he lets her down. "I'm so happy" she laughs.

"I'm happy for you" He bops her nose. "And I made a celebratory dinner, so let's go" he grabs her hand pulling her to balcony. "Shawn" she whispers seeing a candle lit dinner.

"Thank you" she leans up kissing his cheek making him blush. "You deserve it, I'm proud of you"

-
@ShawnMendes

Liked by Lillyyyy, HaileyBaldwin, Khalid and 978,179 ShawnMendes: Proud of my babe❣️Tagged: @AthenaElle

ShawnMendes: Proud of my babe❣️
Tagged: @AthenaElle

View Comments...
user1: mY BaBE 🤪
HaileyBaldwin: need to borrow that outfit!!!
Lillyyyy: SHES A BUSINESS WOMAN 😤
AthenaElle: I love you 💗
   Shawnmendes: @AthenaElle I love you more
User2: Shawn probably got her that job
User3: @user2 maybe she's an independent women with talent who can achieve things on her own🤷🏻‍♀️

@AthenaElle

Liked by CamiC, EthanDolan, Camillacabello and 785,234 more AthenaElle: thanks love

AthenaElle: thanks love

View comments...
Shawnmendes: ❣️
User1: he's the first to comment wow
User2: she's so lucky
AndrewGertler: congratulations Athena!
Saharluna: Get you a man that gets you flowers