Sixty-Eight

Shawn was wide awake beside Athena, he knew he was wrong to stop her from going, he almost kicked her out for seeing her friend and it completely crushed him. His eyes prick with tears and he sniffles. Athena shuffles turning to face him wrapping her arms around his torso with her eyes still shut.

"You okay love?" She kisses his arm blindly. He hums a yes holding on to her tightly. "Are you going to work today?" He asks her. Athena's eyes flutter open and she looks up at Shawn. "Erm no I have a few emails to send then we can spend the whole day together" a clear smile on her face.

"Why don't you go today?" She could sense something in his voice but couldn't exactly point it out. "It's okay we can bake together and even go for a walk or we can-"

"Just go" he interrupts. She nods sitting up, getting up and walking away to the bathroom locking the door. Shawn huffs getting up going to the kitchen. He wanted to hit himself for being so rude to her but he wanted time away from her even though they just patched up.

Athena gets ready, her hair in a low bun and her makeup done lightly. She slipped on a grey skirt stopping mid thigh with a black off the shoulder blouse and some thigh high black boots. She grabbed her jacket and purse walking out the room to see Shawn watching tv drinking coffee.

"I'm gonna go now" she speaks up. "You haven't eaten though" he doesn't look away from the screen. "Not like you want me here anyway" she mumbles turning around.

Shawn huffs standing up he grabs her wrist twirling her around, his eyes look her up and down. "You're going to work?" He asks and she simply nods. "Like that?" He raises an eyebrow.

"What's wrong with this?" She takes her hand back. "It's a bit I don't know not work appropriate" he shrugs bringing a hand to her bare shoulder.

"I work at a fashion company, I have to at least look like I know something about fashion"

"I'm sure you can wear something else and still look good" he shakes his head.

"I'm leaving" Athena grabs her bag turning around. Shawn rushes in front of her "you haven't eaten" he says placing a hand in her waist. "I'll eat there" she mumbles trying to get past him. "What's wrong with you?" He asks moving his hand down.

"Nothing, you just seemed in a rush to make me leave so I'm going and you know I thought we sorted everything" she rolls her eyes.

Shawn open his mouth to say something but no words leave his mouth.

"I'm going to work, now can you move out the way I'm running late" Athena looks down at her watch then walks around Shawn leaving him.
-
Shawn sat in all day, as a way to distract himself he looked at the fan reactions for the album, tweeting them back. It wasn't till he heard the door unlock that he slipped back into reality.

Athena walked in to the living room, she slipped her coat off and put her bag on the table. Shawn watched her as she sat beside him leaning her head on his shoulder.

"Shawn?" She speaks up. "Yes?"

She breathes in deeply before lacing their hands together. "What can I do? You know to make things right?" Her voice quiet. The room feel silent as Shawn stopped, he hated himself for letting her think she was completely at fault.

"Nothing" he mumbles squeezing her hand. "Nothing? So you'll never forgive me?" Her voice cracks as she begins crying at the thought. His heart heart clenches hearing her soft cries against his shoulder. Athena gets up sniffling ready go walk away, it broke her heart.

Shawn got up grabbing her waist, wrapping his arms around her waist tightly. "There's nothing you can do because I already forgave you" He kisses her bare shoulder.

"Then why are you acting like this?" She asks leaning back on his body. "Because I'm so stupid, when you went to work those long six hours I just wanted to come get you and hold you"

"Then why did you want me gone, I don't understand" Athena turns around placing her small hands at the sides of his face.

"I wanted just a little bit of time on my own" he admits. "So you still love me?" Her bottom lip quivers.

"Oh honey" he kisses her forehead closing his eyes. "I do, I love you more than anything" he kisses her skin again.

"Why doesn't it feel like it?"

"Babe we are going to argue sometimes, it's part of a relationship but I promise you I'll always love you no matter what" he wipes her tears with his thumbs. She nods licking her lips.

"Why doesn't it seem like I've convinced you?" He furrows his eyes brows seeing her blank expression. "Should I show you?" Shawn asks kissing her cheeks gently.

"Show me?"

"Yeah, I love you Athena" he kisses down her jaw feeling her tears still rolling down her cheeks. "I can't make love to you whilst you cry darling" he says bringing his head up to look her in her eyes.

"I don't want that" she shakes her head. "Just hold me"

Shawn nods. "Okay" he picks her up carefully taking them to their room placing her on the bed.

They cuddle up to each other feeling the warmth radiate off each other. "I love you Shawn" Athena leans up kissing his jaw gently.