68

A:    The lyrics above, on the media, are from "Malibu Night" by LANY. Suggestion, you can listen to it while reading.

That song broke me.

💎💎💎

- Jennie

"Excuse me."
       I turned the attention of the lady on the front desk to me.

Base on the way her eyes stared at me, I can say, she got hit by starstruck.

"A-A-M-Ma'am, good evening. How can I help you?"
        A smile emerged on her lips as she stood up to assist me.

I returned back a smile...
And nod my head a little as she bowed for respect.

"Any available rooms?"
        I asked and she nodded as she checked on her screen for available rooms.

"We have no available rooms anymore, the only one we have left is the queen room. Will you take it, Ma'am?"
        She answered and asked for confirmation at the end.

"Will do, I'll check in for a night. Thank you."
         I answered and thanked her.

Then she called for another assistant to guide me where the room is.

"Hold on, umm..."
       She looked at me, I hesitated to say it but I still did.

"Please check me in as an incognito guest."
        She nodded and I smiled before facing the man she called to guide me.

It is the best way...
Hiding myself even just for a night will give me a good set of hours to think properly and take a rest as well.

I followed the guide, we took the elevator 'til eighth floor and we headed to the room I have checked in.

"Here, Ma'am. Enjoy your stay."
         He smiled and bowed before leaving.

I took the code, pressed every number and opened the door as it was unlocked. Then I entered, I slowly shut the door close and leaned my back to it.

I tried...
I tried keeping it but as I felt the cold door touching my back, my hand supporting me while my head is bowed down, eyes on the floor...

I immediately felt it...
The feeling of emptiness, loneliness, sadness...
I slid my body until I had sat down on the floor, my knees bent, my elbows resting to it, while my forehead is lying on my palms.

And in no more seconds...
Tears went out of my eyes...
I dropped my phone on my side, totally neglecting it, not minding if there were calls and messages on the notifications...

This time, at this moment, I don't need anyone...
I need no one to comfort me, I don't need them not because I can't rely on them, but because I know...

"I'm the only one that can help myself."

I gritted my teeth...
Silent tears streaming down fast, rolling in my cheeks and dropping off from my chin.