Chapter 12: Quality Time Together

Song Quote: Angel
"Why am I standing on a cloud Every time you're around? And my sadness disappears Every time you are near You must be an angel I can see it in your eyes Full of wonder and surprise And just now, I realize you're an angel in disguise I can see it in your eyes
~~~

You got back in your car and Connor is now sitting in the navigator seat of your car sitting neatly with his hands in his lap he stayed quiet while you drove you could the sound of the radio playing you drove with the snowflakes blocking your view.

You drove back to the motel and you got out of the car you tell Connor "I'll be right back" he nods understanding staying in place as you leave the car for a minute leaving the car running with the heater going.

You go inside and find out that the motel doesn't allow any androids inside nor pets.
"Shit" you hiss under your breath as you turned on your heel heading back and sitting down in the driver seat of your car once again.

"Is there a problem?" The android beside you asked with his head tilted.
"Nah it's fine, I don't know where we should go to spend the night..." you tell him as you looked down in thought.

"Why can't we go into the motel?" He questions. "Because they don't allow Androids and animals" You state as you turn around to look at the little golden retriever puppy that's sound asleep in its makeshift bed.

"Oh...I see" Connor mutters looking down in thought.
"Have you found a place to stay yet?" He inquired as you warmed your hands by the heater.
"Nope I'm hoping to find a place soon" You sighed dejectedly.

"I believe there in a real estate office that could help nearby" Connor informed you.
You looked at him saying sarcastically "At 1 in the morning?"

"Androids work when the Humans aren't so they are probably open" He explains and you start up the engine "Your a genius Connor" You smile at the android and start driving towards the place after he gives you the directions.

You finally managed to get a simple apartment after filling out some papers from the Android clerk.

You drove to the location of the apartment and headed inside holding onto your stuff while Connor held the blanketed crate that holds the sleeping puppy.

"This place will do" You state walking into the simple looking apartment.
Connor silently sets the puppy's crate right next to the couch and stands in the room scanning the small one bedroom apartment.

"Geez it's even later I'm going to bed" You tell Connor and proceed to grab the puppy careful not to wake it as you hold it's small form in your arms as you walk towards your room you look back to Connor asking "What are you gonna do?"

He looks over to you replying "I'll just go through the data we have on the case trying to come up with a lead" he sits down on the couch.

"Uh don't you wanna sleep? Or rest your batteries?" You ask the android hesitantly.

"I'm a machine and machines don't need sleep" He replies bluntly.

"Alright do what you want" You shrug taking your leave and heading into the room laying down on the bed with the puppy right beside you snuggling eachother for warmth.

~~~

You wake up the next morning to find your puppy missing.
You got up in a slight frantic and walked out of your room to see Connor laying on the couch sleeping with the golden retriever puppy sleeping in his lap.

You smile to yourself "Machines don't need sleep. That's a lie" You muttered as you go back to your room and grabbed a fluffy blanket and wrapped it around Connor and the puppy so they could stay warm.