°Neunundvierzig°

Maynard

I watch as Melanie and Mary Ann walk back to the house smiling, hugging each other, and kissing each other hand

I watch as Melanie and Mary Ann walk back to the house smiling, hugging each other, and kissing each other hand. Motherly love. I wish my mother was here. I walk back in the house going to the kitchen seeing Jeremy sharping up a knife while looking at me.

"Ya know, Melanie didn't like you at first"Jeremy said then stop sharping the knife.

"Who she like now? You?"I ask then chuckle.

"She was going to be my mate till you ruined it and took her away from me"Jeremy threw the knife at me but I duck and let it hit the wall.

"You lost your mind Jeremy. My father gave you this home after he found your mother and father dead after the attack of Melanin pack and this is what you pay me"I growled. Melanie stepped in the kitchen looking at the both of us.

"What's going on?"Melanie ask.

"Jeremy here have something to tell you"I said. Melanie look at Jeremy. "Say it!!!"

"I love you Melanie"Jeremy said. Melanie just looked at him then back at me.

"I-I don't know Jeremy"Melanie said. I can tell she didn't want to tell Jeremy that me and her will be mates. "I love you too......."

"So we can be together"he came up to Melanie grabbing her hands but I smack his hands away.

"I already talked to Maynard about being his mate Jeremy. I'm sorry"Melanie said.

His emotions was running wild. Like he couldn't control it. "Calm down"he mumble. He let out a heavy breath. "I hope you two have a great life together, your going to need it"he walk out the kitchen leaving me and Melanie alone.

"I feel so bad"Melanie covered her face.

"Don't feel bad. Feel glad that he ain't following you around anymore"I said.

"Yeah but Jeremy and I had a connection. That's why he feel that way"Melanie said.

"But in your heart, who do you love the most?"I looked at her deep in the eyes.

She look at me for a bit and sigh. "I really love you Maynard. You just have to promise that you won't be mean to anyone else"

"I'm the alpha, what you talking about?"I chuckled. "Supposed to be mean"I poured some orange juice into the cup.

"So disgusting, I'm going show my mom around"Melanie walk out the kitchen.

"What's disgusting?"