°achtundfünfzig°

Maynard

The basement was dark. Cold and stank.  I need to go and protect my pack from Melanie's uncles. I look at the door that was close. I was breathing heavy, sweating like crazy, and my stomach is turning like crazy. I need my mate. She's to far away. That's why I came here.

Just then I heard the door open revealing Melanie's mom, Mary Ann. "Thank God"I mumble. She ran up to me looking at my body.

"Oh God. Malika, come here"she looked at the door. The young girl ran in the room looking at me too.

"W-Whats going on?"I mumble feeling my mouth so dry.

"They gave you wolf bane"Mary Ann said.

"What's that?"Malika ask.

"It's something that can kill us"she said. Malika quickly cut the machine off. Mary Ann took the needle out my arm. Finally I can see. Earlier, I probably couldn't see cause of the wolf bane.

"Are you alright?"Mary Ann ask.

"Yes I'm fine. We have to leave now, Melanie and my pack are in great danger"I said then started coughing up some blood. I spit it out and sigh heavily.

"You need to see a doctor, not help fight"Mary Ann said.

"Look, that's my pack and my mate that needs help. I can't stay here any longer"I shook my head.

Mary Ann nodded her head. "We have to help him out of here"

"Okay"Malika nodded her head. Mary Ann and Malika helped me out the seat and to the stairs. I was still weak.

I need some food and fast.

Melanie

Tim decided to move the pack away from the lake and into the woods. I hate that he still don't like me but I am their Luna. So they will have to respect me.

"You sure we can trust her? Her uncle's. Uncle's. Are coming for us"Michael said.

"Look, if she came back saying that Maynard wanted us to move on or prepare for war, then we might as well trust her"Tim said.

Michael look back at me and rolled his eyes. I don't see what I did wrong. I stop walking once I heard a howl that I remember. Sounded like mufusa howl.

"GET DOWN!"Tim yelled at the pack. "Stay quiet everyone"

"Wait"I ran to the trees seeing mufusa with his pack. Please don't be an attack. "Dad, what are you doing here?"I ask.

"We're here to help"he said. "Cullen and Averett aren't far behind. so who ever is healthy in your pack, Ima need some of them to help out"

Michael and Tim looked at me and then back at my dad.

"Okay"