°neunundfünfzig°

Maynard

I ate some food while waiting for the doctor to come and check up on me

I ate some food while waiting for the doctor to come and check up on me. Mary Ann said that I look sick and weak. She considered on me seeing a doctor she knew and the doctor pack fixed me some food to get better. They was African Americans as well but talked different.

"li va jwenn pi bon? (will he get better?)"

"li pral pran tan mary ann (it'll take time Mary Ann)"the doctor said.

"Speak English please!"I semi yelled. The doctor looked at me with a mean mug and pulled Mary Ann to the side. I listen good and well by turning my ear to the door.

"gade sa a se konpayon pitit fi mwen an (look this is my daughter's mate)"Mary Ann said.

"byen konpayon pitit fi ou la pral gen manje plis jwenn pi bon (well your daughter's mate will have to eat more to get better)"

"Are you listening to what they saying?"I heard Malika say.

"Huh. Uh no"I ate my bread. "Are you?"I ask.

"No"she rolled her eyes. "I don't understand Haitian Creole. You?"

"The workers that I use to have was Haitian Creole"I said.

"Why are we even helping you?"Malika ask with a attitude.

"What you know about me? Huh"I looked at her with a mean mug.

"I heard that your father capture blacks. For what?"she ask.

"You got your story wrong"I stood up. "I captured them"

"For what!!"she yelled.

"Cause they killed my pack!!"I yelled back. "Your mom's alpha's or baby daddy brothers killed my pack!!"

Malika stayed quiet for a while. She looked down at her feet and back up at me. "Not what my father said"she said.

"Your father?"I chuckled. "Your father passed away when you was baby. How the hell did you know what he said?"I gritted my teeth.

"You don't know my powers"she sniffle. "I read people's minds"

"What I'm thinking now?"I ask.

"Your thinking about your pack. Melanie, Tim, Michael, Jeremy, and Patrick who passed away fighting for his pack. Your thinking how can you get to them and help" everything she said was true. She knows what her father said.

"Tell me what your father said then?"I ask.

"He said that your pack started the war. Your dad wanted my sister uncle's land. So before your dad could attack them, the brothers came and attacked y'all first"she said. "Your dad killed his own people. They ask him to back out and leave the land alone but he didn't listen"

"Your telling a lie"I walked out the kitchen to the dining room.

"He wanted it for you and your siblings maynard. You was just a unborn child when it happened"Malika said.

She was telling the truth. Everything. "Look, I have to save my pack. Tell your mom thank you for everything"I walked to the door of the house unlocking it. But then I felt weak again.

I drop to my knees looking at the door. My eyes felt heavy and became blurry. Next thing I know, I passed out.