°fünfundfünfzig°

Melanie

I sat up from bed looking at Malika who was throwing the ball towards the wall. It bounce back to her hand making her throw it again. It was really boring. I wonder where mom is?

"Who is your father again?"Malika ask.

"Mufusa"I said.

"That's who mom is in love with?"Malika ask.

"I guess yeah. She still have feelings for him"I said.

"I wish she had feelings for my dad. I don't know how they relationship was"

"Mom told me he died when you was 2 years old. So of course you not gone remember their relationship"I said.

"I remember him. But seeing them together"she shook her head. "I never did"

"What was he like?"I ask.

"Strong, Always happy, love to dance and sing. He was friends with Averett till Averett sent him on a mission and he never came back"Malika wiped her eyes. "I miss him"

"It okay. I thought Abu who was mom's first husband was my father but he wasn't. I thought mom died but she didn't. Sometimes I think Abu is alive but......."I stop and sigh. "He's dead"

"You really loved him more then mufusa"Malika said.

"Mufusa was scared to tell the pack that he had a daughter. Specially his mate who started this shit"I said. "Abu really thought I was his. Bout now he knows"I frowned.

"Damn"Malika mumble. I can see me and Malika had it hard. With no father figure in our lives. Well Malika had my mom in her life. But me, I had no one but the pack who wasn't really that close to me.

Finally my mother came back with some drinks in her hand. "There's a party downstairs. Get dress into something sexy"my mom said.

"W-Why?"I ask.

"Maybe this can be our way out"she said. "Hurry up"Malika walked to the closet and brought out two dresses. They was a little cute. I hurried and put on my dress. I grab some pumps to put on then I did my hair.

Malika was dressed up nice too. It was like we was going to the club. I came out the bathroom and walk towards the door. My mom looked at both of us with a smile. "Y'all dress just like me when I was young"she said.

"What is this for?"Malika ask.

"I just said we was leaving today"my mom whisper. "Make your way to the kitchen and ask the servant that your working for them"

"Fine"Malika rolled her eyes and made her way out the room. I was bout to follow her till my mom stop me.

"What is it?"I ask.

My mom look at the window then back at me. "I can smell maynard scent"

"Maynard"