13

"Why.." His voice trailed off, eyes clouding with burdened tears as his lips bled "I'm suffering too so why are you doing this?"

Chapter Thirteen: The Silent Scream Behind Every Laughter

"Hey, Kookie."

Jungkook stopped as Yoongi and Jugyeong caught up to him. They patted his shoulder lightly.

"You coming? We're going to have a motorcycle race." Yoongi clicked his tongue "Loser chugs down Soju."

Jungkook shook his head "It's getting really late. I need to study for the upcoming exam."

"Jungkook," Jugyeong pushed his shoulder lightly "I know you were like this in high school but ever since we graduated you leave no time for us. Do you even see us as your friends anymore?"

"Is it because of your father? Is he still pushing you?"

"No.." Jungkook's voice trailed to silence, then he looked up at his friends "I'm coming."

The two guys smiled, pushing each other and racing to the University gates. The three boys climbed onto the motorcycles, while Jugyeong told them where they'll start and where they'll end, how many laps they'll go.

And with that note, the three blasted through the empty night streets of Toegye-ro.

"It wasn't a date!!" You defended, your brother sending bombs at you "Namjoon is just the CEO."

"What kind of CEO asks his worker out for dinner?" Min-syuk teased "He even asked you to speak casually, right?"

"N.. Wha.." You stuttered and your brother clicked his fingers.

"I was right." He grinned, rolling around in your father's office chair.

"Dadd~" You whined, crossing your arms them pointing at Min-syuk "Let him stop."

Your father looked up from his laptop at Min-syuk with a serious face "Min-syuk," He grinned and high-fived him "Good job."

"Ah, y/n." Your father suddenly turned to you "Can you get Jung Hoseok's files for me? Here's the key card to the files room."

Jungkook abruptly stopped and looked around, hair standing up on his skin.

"What is it?" Yoongi stopped too, looking at Jungkook through the poorly lit streets as Jugyeong sped by.

Jungkook shook his head, shrugging it off. He felt a presence, but was sure it was a product of his imagination. He put his leg back on his motorcycle pedals and sped in front of Yoongi. They turned a corner, Jugyeong ahead of them by a few meters.

The sound of a camera shutters echoed, and because Jungkook and Yoongi were right next to each other, the flash blinded them both and they steered their motorcycles in odd directions, crashing to the ground.

Jugyeong stopped up ahead, hearing the shutters and chaos behind him. He stopped his motorcycle and got up, rushing to the two boys on the ground. Jungkook had scratches and cuts on his elbows and hands, but nothing serious.

Yoongi winced, the weight of his fallen motorcycle on his left leg. They two boys got up and pulled the motorcycle off him, trying to help him stand, but his left leg was useless.

"I'll go look around for that bastard. Jungkook, you call an ambulance or a taxi since we can't transport him on our motorcycles."

Jugyeong ran off, to the building on their right, where the flash came from. He climbed to the roof, but there was no one. There wasn't a single car around and whoever that was, he was long gone.

Jugyeong and Jungkook stayed silent throughout the ride to the hospital, Yoongi's winces as he inhaled through clenched teeth the only thing audible. When Yoongi was safely in a hospital bed as the doctors took care of him, the two boys went out for some fresh air.

"Father's calling." Jungkook stopped from their walk and looked at his phone.

"I think I know why." Jugyeong stared at his phone for a little while before he showed Jungkook.

Heir of Jeon Enterprises Races Through Empty Streets of Toegye-ro.

Jungkook sighed. He knew there was no running away from this one. The word spreads quick, and soon enough everybody's going to be talking about good-for-nothing Jeon Jungkook that only knows how to ride motorcycles.

"Jungkook, we shouldn't have made you come with us." Jugyeong said with a low guilty voice.

"I'll leave first." Jungkook sighed and walked forward, calling a taxi.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" Mr. Jeon spits "I TRY THIS HARD TO MAKE YOUR RECORD SPOTLESS AND HERE YOU RUIN OUR IMAGE?"

"It was just a motorcycle ride, though.." Jungkook defended in a low voice

"WHY CAN'T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT? HELL, YOU CAN'T EVEN STUDY RIGHT. HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO STAY USELESS FOR?"

"I'm useless?" Jungkook looked up "I strain myself studying 24/7 for you and I'm still useless? I cut off all the connections that can harm our reputation and I'm still useless. Father, I hate to say this but it seems like I'm doing a better job that you are."

Jungkook dropped from the pain of the metal against him. It came again, and again, until he barely held himself up with his hands, his body bleeding.

"Why do I even have to deal with you?" Mr. Jeon sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose "You make me suffer for nothing."

"Why.." His voice trailed off, eyes clouding with burdened tears as his lips bled and he clenched his teeth "I'm suffering too so why are you doing this?"

"Jungkook," Mr. Jeon said, with much insincerity "You're my son, I can't kill you, so do me a favour one last time..

..Go kill yourself."

_______________________________________________________

~Hey Guys!~

It's been a while. Sorry!
Do you guys like the new format? Or where the story's going?
Thank you for sticking around till the end.

Happy Halloween +-+