31

"So you're not going to say something like I'm a murderer or a piece of trash or anything like that? You're not going to start avoiding me?"

Chapter 31: Stay By My Side

Jungkook sat in the silence of his hospital room, staring off into nothingness as he let his thoughts wander, trying to find a potentially lost memory. He tapped his fingers on the desk beside him then grabbed his phone, dialling your number, but pressed the red button on his phone screen after thinking about it.

"She told me not to bother her, didn't she?" Jungkook sighed, laying back and letting his thoughts swallow him. He got off his hospital bed and put on his coat, only to run into the nurse.

"You shouldn't be going out now." The nurse said, trying to get Jungkook back into his bed.

"I'm just going to walk around." Jungkook pulled his arm out of the nurse's grip and walked away. He didn't know where he was planning on going, but just wandering around aimlessly gave him more time to think. He walked out of the hospital doors, into the world once again. Maybe he was making himself an easier target for whoever that person was, but deep down inside he wanted him to come back so he could know more.

"Yah! Jungkook, what are you doing out here?" You walked up to him and tried to get him to go inside the hospital "We should get inside."

Jungkook, despite injured, was still stronger than you. He grabbed your arm and dragged you with him "Let's just walk."

You two walked in synchronisation , Jungkook's hand laying around your wrist. It was likely that he forgot it was even there, seeing how lost his orbs looked. "Are you okay?"

Jungkook hummed in response and turned to you, smiling. "I didn't think you'd come. I like it, though... You being next to me."

"But," You looked at him, touching the bruised ring around his neck, which he hid quickly "What exactly happened?"

Jungkook shook his head and gave you a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes "Nothing much, really. Everything's fine."

He looked away as you watching his features glint in the sunlight. His vulnerability shows no matter how hard he tries to hide it. You sighed, burying your cold hands in your pockets.

"I wasn't going to tell you this but the more I thought about it the more I felt like it wasn't right for you to not know that I know.. Look, the thing is.." You inhaled deeply stopping Jungkook "I know about your whole family thing.. And your mother and the whole rain thing–"

Jungkook's head spun to you as eyes widened, staring into your orbs "H-How did you know?"

"I overheard someone, I guess?" You shrugged your shoulders, not wanting to create more drama between Jungkook and Namjoon.

"When was that?" Jungkook ran fingers through his hair

"Like.. A few days ago?"

"So.." Jungkook waited eagerly as he looked at you with worry.

"So?" You asked in confusion.

"So you're not going to say something like I'm a murderer or a piece of trash or anything like that? You're not going to start avoiding me?"

You slowly shook your head as Jungkook's eyebrows dropped and he exhaled in relief. He got closer and wrapped his arms around you. "I wish it would stay that way."

"But.." You backed away from Jungkook's embrace and looked at his bruised neck "I know that's definitely not nothing. I want to help."

Jungkook pressed his lips together, then gave in. He pulled out a photo of a high school boy from his pocket, handing it to you. You took it and examined it for a few seconds as Jungkook explained "I found it in my pocket when I woke up. That guy that barged in, he kept telling me that I.. murdered"

You looked at it, top to bottom, left to right, front to..

Back.

At the back of the photograph, in jet black ink, someone's handwriting wrote: I couldn't protect you.

Below it was a date, 07 June 2017.

"I'm assuming that's the date of death?" You turned to Jungkook who was scratching the back of his head. The idea of flipping the photograph over never popped up in his head. "What do you think? Do you recall anything from that day?"

Jungkook shook his head in disappointment, then his eyes lit up "I can try to ask my father since he knows about my every move. If something happened that day then he'll definitely know. It won't be easy, but it's worth a shot."

"I'll try to find some information." You nodded as you patted Jungkook's shoulder "Let's do it."

_________________________________________

I just literally corrected TWO WORDS to avoid any confusions.
If any of you have read this already, and you got a notification that I did something, don't be alarmed.
Every time I read your comments on older chapters, I notice a lot of mistakes but I don't correct them. I'll edit them all when I finish the book.

>Thank You For All The Kind Comments<

=We Hit 20K!!=