41

Like something out of a Liam Neeson movie, this place was a bride-trading department.

Chapter 41: Ireum

Jungkook kicked the metal door of the refrigerator, trying to push it down. It's been approximately twenty minutes they've got locked up in there but they had no luck. Jungkook turned to the guy locked up with him, who was sitting on the ice cold floor, unbothered.

"Excuse me?" Jungkook tapped his feet against the floor in frustration "You'll die too, you know."

The guy turned to Jungkook with thin, uninterested eyes "I swear to god kids are born dumber everyday."

Jungkook watched as the man's eyes trailed to his pockets, understand "Oh, right. We live in the 21st century."

Jungkook pulled out his phone, calling his trusty friend "Yah, Min Yoongi, there's a metal door I want you to break down."

...

You kicked your feet, trying to break free from the man's grip. The van flung you left and right as they drove, making things harder on you. The van stopped for a second, and a new figure climbed in. They talked a little and then the new guy turned to you, gasping.

"Yo, it's that Kim Hyena.. Hyuna.. Hyaena?'s daughter." The guy sucked on his lollipop "And that other guy that worked with us at some point."

"You know that Kim lady?" The guy driving asked, turning into some dark alleys

"Yeah. We dated at some point. Can't remember much." The new guy turned back in front, slumping in his seat

"That must've sucked." You mumbled quietly and the new guy turned to you

"Right?" He nodded happily, like he was happy to find someone who understands him "She was a nightmare, isn't she?"

"How about this." You scooped forward, trying to move in the ropes that tied you "You let me go and I tell you how terrible she is."

"You have to try harder." The guy snorted and sucked his lollipop loudly, not interested in your deal "I know your mother owns a company."

The van stopped in front of a building that was barely intact. They pulled you out of the van, pushing you forward. The doors swung open and you gasped in shock.

"Oh.my.god." You scanned your surroundings, trying to take in everything around you.

Like something out of a Liam Neeson movie, this place was a bride-trading department.

"Put her with the new–"

A loud crash was heard from somewhere, and everyone stopped in their tracks. Sirens wailed, and the man behind you tightened his grip on you. The place was quite for five seconds, until someone shouted "The cops are here!"

People scattered, some hiding and some loading people into trucks back door. You watched as men loaded their guns trying to push you into one of the vans. One of the huge doors slammed open and the cops filed in, telling everyone to stay in their places and not move.

The cops scattered inside, holding up their shot guns at some of them men. The man behind you let go of you, lifting his hands up in surrender. You scanned the cops that were walking in, arresting people and shouting orders. Your eyes caught a glimpse of a familiar brown fuzz and he saw you too, spreading his arms open and walking towards you.

"If you're expecting a hug then stop dreaming." You flung your finger at Jungkook's forehead and he held it in pain "How did you guys get here?"

"You happened to be wearing the shoes Min-syuk got you once upon a time." Jungkook shrugged his shoulders like it was all fine "Did you know you were being tracked this whole time?"

You watched as the cops pushed men into cars and cuffed them, and as an ambulance treated people, putting blankets over them and comforting them.

"Well," Jungkook turned away, looking into the crowd of people. He turned to you and smiled "Everyone gets a happy endin–"

Boom.

Everyone's eyes shot to the where the gunshot sounds came from, gasping and whispering, trying to get into cover after seeing the scene in front of them. On the floor was a woman, a little younger than you. She was covered in blood and her chest no longer rose of dropped.

She was dead.

You had no idea who she was, but your stomach turned. You turned to Jungkook, his eyes still on the victim, but rather than the look of sympathy or horror that everyone had, Jungkook had a completely different one.

He walked towards that body that was lying in a river of blood and that's when you saw it too.

"I–Ireum?"