28

Your eyes fluttered open, trying to adjust to the darkness of the hospital room. You looked to your side where Jungkook should have been but he wasn't there. Sitting up, you stretched yourself and got off the bed.

The corridor was dark, except for a light or two here and there. It must've been late at night because it seemed like visiting hours were over and everyone was sound asleep. You tiptoed here and there, trying not to make any noise. Where the hell was Jungkook?

You entered the bathroom stall and locked yourself inside, dialling Jungkook's number.

"You're up already?" Jungkook's husky voice croaked when he picked up the phone "This late at night?"

"Where are you?" You yawned as you rested your head against the wall.

You walked towards Jungkook who was standing a few meters away, his elbows resting on the railing that separated the platform you two were standing on from the deadly drop off the hospital building. The air was chilling to the bone, and you rubbed your hands together for warmth.

"Why the rooftop?" You asked and Jungkook looked at you as you stood by his side.

"Just.." Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, looking at the scenery "It's a place where you can empty your head. It feels like your thoughts fly away with the breeze."

"Is something bothering you?" You looked at Jungkook who sighed and pressed his lips together.

"Not really. Just things I have to take care of on my own."

You both stood there in silence, gazing over the night city of Seoul as it buzzed with life. The cold air caressed your skin, sending shivers through your body. Jungkook must've noticed it, because he put his arm around your shoulder and pulled you back towards the elevator. "It's cold out here. Let's head back in."

"Why are you doing this?" You got his arm off you and stopped, looking at him.

"Doing what?" Jungkook asked, looking back at you.

"You're just really weird lately. You keep being all touchy, pretending you care about me and telling me not to misunderstand, but it sounds like that's exactly what you want me to do."

Jungkook put his hands on his hips and exhaled, looking around then back at you "Are you bothered by it?"

"Since I don't know your intentions, yes."

Jungkook rubbed his face with his hands and ran fingers through his hair, exhaling deeper "Alright. I won't do it. Let's go inside."

"I'm going home." You said as you walked past him and to the elevator.

"This late?! No, you can't it's dange–" Jungkook ran up to you and, catching your glare, immediately slowed whatever he was going to say. He gritted his teeth and gave a forced smile. "Do whatever you want."

Jungkook watched as you left, sighing. He sat down on the floor, a his head resting on his hands. His phone rang, dragging him out of his terrace and he answered it, listening to Prosecutor Na's voice.

"Jeon Jungkook." She addressed him as he prepared himself for whatever she has to say "Xiumin is being held in the holding cell for attempted murder. He has the right to a lawyer. I think it's best if you give the police your views on what happened that night."

"What?" Jungkook jumped up in shock "Why him?"

"I'll tell you the details in the morning." Prosecutor Na said "I'll also tell you whom I suspect, since I don't think it's Xiumin."

"Y/N!!" A voice called as you got out of the taxi and walked to your house.

You turned around, the tall figure approaching with calmness but its aura was filled with enthusiasm. The familiar person stood in front of you, two dimples poking his soft cheeks "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

_________________________________________________
~Hey Guys~

Thank you guys so much for 10k reads. Seriously I'm sHoOkEtH that I went from 500 to 10k in a month.
I really want to do something for you guys but I don't have any ideas. What do you think?

[ps. I hope you enjoyed this chapter]

That's it for now. :P

+ Sleep Well +