Chapter 17

The next day, Rose heard from some students whispering in the library that Harry was caught in the act. Justin, the Hufflepuff boy who was afraid of Harry was found, along with Nearly Headless Nick, and Harry was with them. Justin and Nick were both Petrified.

Rose didn't believe that Harry did it, but she kept looking for clues. Wanting to stay out of the spotlight. She didn't want people to start pointing fingers towards her.

Harry came  back from Dumbledore's office and told Rose, Hermione and Ron that Dumbledore doesn't believe it to be him that was attacking the people. But after the double attack of Nick and Justin, the Hogwarts Express was fully packed with people wanting to get home and away from Harry. Fred and George decided to take Harry being the 'Heir of Slytherin' to the next level. They joke about it, and every now and then you could hear them loudly asking Harry who his next victim would be.

Rose would just laugh at the two of them when they did that, luckily it kept everyone's attention from her, as she, with the Polyjuice potion and looking for clues in the library.

At last, the term ended, and silence deep as the snow on the ground descended on the castle. Rose knew that Harry found it peaceful, rather than gloomy. Rose enjoyed the fact that she, Hermione, Harry and the Weasleys had the whole Gryffindor Tower to themselves.

Fred, George and Ginny decided to stay rather than to go to Egypt with their parents to visit Bill, the oldest Weasley brother.

Christmas morning dawned, cold and white. Rose stood up a few hours earlier to check on the Polyjuice potion and adding the last few things. Hermione went to wake Ron and Harry, in their dorm room.  The same as last year, Rose found her presents at the foot of her bed. She had yet to open them because she went to check on the Polyjuice Potion.

Upon entering the common room, Rose saw most of the Weasleys in the common room except for Ron. Rose walked up the stairs and into her dorm room. Hermione sat on her bed, opening presents. "The potion is ready. I say we should use it tonight." Rose says to Hermione as she sat down on her bed and started opening her presents. 

Hermione gave her a book. Harry gave her a muggle book. The Weasleys gave her fudge and another sweater. The next one was from the mysterious giver. It was a photo of two young children. Around the ages of 11. The girl was her mother, and the boy next to her was the same boy from the necklace.

 The girl was her mother, and the boy next to her was the same boy from the necklace

"Who's this from?" Hermione asked looking over Rose's shoulder. "I'm not sure. But last year I received a locket. It had a picture in of my mother and father. And another picture of my mother, but younger with this same boy." Rose says looking up at Hermione. "He looks a little familiar." Rose heard Hermione mumble. Rose set the picture down and reached for the last box. She opened it and took the not first.