Chapter 75

They moved towards the side just in time as the bus drove past

They moved towards the side just in time as the bus drove past. "Where are we?" Ron asked as Hermione led them somewhere. There were a lot of people around them and they tried to stay together and not get lost in the crowd.

Hermione answered Ron's question but rose only heard 'avenue', and nothing else. "I use to come to the theatre here with mum and dad. I don't know why I thought of it. It just popped into my head," Hermione said to them as they walked towards an alley.

"We need to change," Rose said as they came to a stop in the alley. She started pulling clothes out of her bag, and Hermione pulled out a shirt and pants for Ron and herself from her own bag. Rose took out the invisibility cloak and held it up as Hermione dressed and Hermione held it up while Rose dressed.

The two boys helped one another just like Rose and Hermione did. Once they were finished they walked to a coffee shop.

 Rose sat opposite Hermione with Harry next to her and Ron opposite Harry. "What about all the people at the wedding? Do you think we should go back?" Harry asked. "They are after you and Rose, mate. We'll put everyone in danger by going back," Ron said and Rose nodded in agreement.

"Ron's right," Hermione spoke up. The waitress stopped next to them and cleared her throat. "Coffee?" She asked the four.

"Cappuccino, please," Hermione answered. "You?" The waitress looked towards Ron who looked confused. "What she said," Ron said and she nodded. She looked towards Rose and Harry. "Same," Rose and Harry answered together. The girl nodded and walked towards the back.

"So where do we go from here?" Ron asked looking at the others. "The Leaky Cauldron?" Ron questions. "It's too dangerous," Hermione spoke up. "If Voldemort has already taken over the Ministry, then nowhere is safe. Everyone from the wedding would have gone underground into hiding," Hermione said looking at the others.

"Hermione, my rugsack with all my things, I left it at the burrow," Harry said looking at Hermione, who looked down at her small bag that was under her hands. Rose looked down at her bag as well. Two men dressed in blue overalls, carrying tool boxes walked past them.
"You're joking?" Harry asked the two of them, looking at both their bags. "I've had the essentials prepared for days now," Hermione said looking at Harry. "Packed another bag last night for Rose," Hermione looked towards Rose.

Rose saw the two men who were still standing at the counter, reach into their pockets, they took out wands. "Get down!" Harry yelled and they all dropped to the ground. Spells were being casted all over, and the four fought back against the two Death Eaters.

Rose went to lock the doors while the other three went to see who the two Death Eaters were. Ron told Hermione to erase both the Death Eater memories of the four of them ever being there. They left the shop after the Death Eaters' memories were wiped.

Walking down the half crowded street, they looked around them as they walked to make sure that they were not being followed.

"How is it that they knew where we were?" Harry asked taking a glance over his shoulder. "Maybe you and Rose still have the trace on you," Hermione guessed but Rose shook her head. "Can't be, the trace breaks at seventeen. Wizarding law," Rose spoke up from besides Harry.

Hermione let out a gasp as she came to a stop. "What?" Ron asked turning to look at Hermione. "We didn't get to celebrate your birthdays. Ginny and I, we prepared a cake, we were going to bring it to you at the end of the wedding," Hermione said to Rose and Harry.

"Hermione, honestly, i appreciate the thought, but really given that we were almost killed by a couple of death eaters a few minutes ago," Harry said giving Hermione a pointed look. "Right, perspective," Hermione nodded agreeing with Harry's point.

"We need to get off the streets, get somewhere  safe," Ron said and the others nodded in agreement.

They stood in front of the apartment building as the building began to separate, and another apartment started to show itself. Grimmald's Place number twelve.  They entered and stood in the hallway. Suddenly it seemed as if a figure was rising out of the dust. It took the form of Dumbledore and it charged at them, before it reached them it disappeared.

Hermione did a spell to see if they were alone in the house, and they were. They all decided to camp out in the living room where they would be near one another. Rose and Hermione took the couches while the two boys made themselves beds on the floor with a few pillows and blankets.

Rose and Hermione got dressed in their pajamas, before going back to the living room. They all went to sleep.