Chapter 41

By the next morning, the storm from the night before was gone, but the Great Hall's ceiling still looked gloomy

By the next morning, the storm from the night before was gone, but the Great Hall's ceiling still looked gloomy. Rose sat next to Hermione at the Gryffindor table, with Ron and Harry opposite them.

They looked over their new schedules. Luckily at the end of last year rose dropped out of Divination, so this year she doesn't have to worry about a time turner.

"Today's not bad . . . outside all morning," Ron says running his finger down the Monday column of his schedule. "Herbology with Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures . . . damn it, we're still with the Slytherins. . . . "

"Double Divination this afternoon," Harry groaned and Rose laughed at him. "Poor you, that's why I dropped it at the end of last year," Rose says to Harry as she looked at her schedule, it was mostly the same as Harry, Ron and Hermione's the only difference is when they have Divination she has Ancient Runes.

"You should have given it up like me, shouldn't you?" Hermione said to them. "Then you'd be doing something sensible like Arithmancy."

In Herbology Rose listened to Professor Sprout teaching them about Bubotubers. Seamus seemed to have a lot of questions but Rose didn't listen to them. Professor Sprout gave them instructions on what to do and Rose followed it.

The bell boomed across the Hogwarts castle, and Rose, Hermione, Ron and Harry made their way towards Hagrid's hut that was at the edge of the Forbidden Forest. Upon approaching they saw Hagrid with his boarhound, Fang, by the door. Hagrid was holding Fang at the collar. At his feet were several open crates.

Hagrid explained to them that the crates hold Blast-Ended Skrewts and that he wants them to raise the Blast-Ended Skrewts as a project. "And why would we want to raise them?" a cold voice said from behind Rose. Rose turned around and saw Draco.

"I mean, what do they do? What is the point of them?"  Draco asks again. Rose turned towards Hagrid. "That's next lesson, Malfoy. You're just feeding them today. Now you'll want to try them on a few different things -- I've never had them before, not sure what they'll go for --  I got eggs and frogs livers and a bot of grass snake -- just try them out with a bit of each," Hagrid said to them.

After Care of Magical Creatures, they went to the Great Hall. They sat at the Gryffindor table. Rose stared at Hermione as she ate her food very fast.

"Er -- is this the new stand on elf rights? You're going to make yourself puke instead?" Ron asks Hermione, as he and Harry also watch her devour her food.

"No, I just want to get to the library," Hermione says and Rose looked towards Ron who looked shocked. Rose felt someone stare at her, she turned around and saw Draco leaning against the Great Hall door, staring at her, he made a gesture for her to follow him.