Chapter 67

Rose finished up in the library and went to the Great Hall for dinner

Rose finished up in the library and went to the Great Hall for dinner. As she neared the Great Hall she smelled the roast beef. She walked in and she was stopped by Slughorn. "Rose, my girl, I was hoping to catch you," Slughorn said and Rose smiled slightly, wondering what he wanted.

"I was hoping you could join me and a few others in my office for a spot of supper?" Slughorn asked. "I would really like to Professor, but I have to meet up with Professor Snape, he wanted to talk to me," Rose said and Slughorn nodded understanding. "Another time then?" Slughorn asked and Rose nodded.

Slughorn smiled at her before he left and Rose took a seat at the Gryffindor table. After dinner Rose went to the dorm room, putting away the book she didn't need, before grabbing her DADA and Potions textbooks and the box she received and made her way towards Professor Snape's classroom.

She entered and saw Harry busy with detention. "Miss Potter, what can I do for you?" Snape said glancing up at Rose. "I just have some questions and I wanted to ask a favour," Rose said walking past Harry towards Snape who sat behind his desk.

"Well?" Snape asked Rose once she stood in front of him. She took the box and handed it to him. "Someone gave me this, and I just want to make sure that I don't die this year, so I was hoping that you could take a look at it for me," Rose said and Snape took the box from her hands.

He opened the box and looked inside. Rose saw him smiling slightly before it disappeared. "The content of the box is safe," Snape said and Rose smiled. "What questions did you have?" Snape asked and took her Potions book before opening on the page which she marked.

"I've been looking over the Draught of living death. Professor Slughorn told me that he's going to give me the chance to make it, but I have been trying on my own, but something is wrong and I can't seem to find out what it is," Rose said and she handed her Potions book to Snape who looked at it and took his Quill and wrote something down.

While he was writing Rose could feel Harry staring at her back. Rose ignored him and waited for Snape to finish. "Now you can get it right," Snape said and handed Rose the book back. Rose smiled and took the book.

"See you in DADA, Professor," Rose said and left the classroom, with her books and her box. 

Back in the common room, Rose took a seat near the fireplace and opened the box. Inside was a piece of paper. Rose frowned and took it out. She unfolded it and saw that it was a letter.

Rose, I'm dying to speak with you again, but I can't. If the wrong people saw us talking both of us could be in trouble. So I asked Blaise to give you this box. It is enchanted, to whenever I write a letter to you and put it in my box it will appear in your box the same will happen if you put a letter in this box.