Chapter 23

Rose and Harry made it several streets away before they sat down in Magnolia Crescent

Rose and Harry made it several streets away before they sat down in Magnolia Crescent. They were still angry but, not nit as much as they were. Harry was in a state of panic because he thinks they broke the Decree of the Restriction of Underage Wizardry. 

"Harry, it was accidental magic. We won't get in trouble." Rose said to him, but that didn't help one bit. Rose fiddle with her wand as she pulled her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around her legs. Then she remembered reading about transport for witches and wizards. She stood up and Held her wand out, hoping it would help. "What are you doing?" Harry frowned.

"Trying to test if what I read about something is true," Rose said looking down at Harry who was still sitting. The wind started to pick up. Rose looked behind her and saw that small park that was there, the swings started to swing. The feeling of being watched crept up Rose' neck. She turned and saw a park bench surrounded by bushes. Harry stood up, both looking towards the park bench.

Suddenly a big black dog appeared. It looked like a stray, and it looked underfed. It didn't attack or growl at them, it just stared. Rose slowly started to make her way forward when suddenly Harry pulled her back just in time for a big purple triple-decker bus. Rose looked at the gold letters on the windshield The Knight Bus. 

Rose smiled. It worked. A conductor in a purple uniform leapt out of the bus. "Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. Just stick out your wand hand, step on board, and we can take you anywhere you want to go. My name is Stan Shunpike, and I will be your conductor for the evening."  Stan said when he caught sight of Rose and Harry who was still sitting on the ground from falling over their trunks. They quickly stood up. 

"What are you doing down there?" Stan asked them, dropping all the professional manner. "We fell over," Rose answered. "What you fell over for?" Stan asked. "We didn't do it on purpose," Harry said.

"What's your names?" Stan asked. "Neville Longbottom and Hermione Granger," Harry answered before Rose could. "How much to get to London?" Harry asked. "Eleven Sickle, but for fourteen you get a hot chocolate, and for fifteen you get a hot water bottle and a toothbrush in the colour of your choice," Stan said. Rose handed Stan the money and He helped her and Harry load their bags.

Instead of seats, there were half a dozen brass beds. Stan showed Harry and Rose their beds. Which was near each other.

"Take her away Ern," Stan said sitting down in the armchair next to Ernie's. There was a bang and the next thing Rose know is that she is thrown around. She grabbed one of the bedposts, to keep herself steady.

Stan sat in the armchair reading a Daily Prophet. "That man he was on the Muggle news," Harry said pointing towards the man on the front page, where there was the man with the shoulder-length black hair. "Sirius Black, of course, he was on the Muggle news, Neville, where have you been?" Stan said looking at Harry. "You oughta read the papers more, Neville," Stan said handing Harry the front page. After Harry read it he handed it to Rose,

Black Still At Large

Sirius Black, possibly the most infamous prisoner ever to be held in Azkaban fortress, is still eluding capture, the Ministry of Magic confirmed today.  "We are doing all we can to recapture Black," said the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, this morning, "and we beg the magical community to remain calm."

Fudge has been criticized by some members of the International Federation of Warlocks for informing the Muggle Prime Minister of the crisis. "Well, really, I had to, don't you know," said an irritable Fudge. "Black is mad. He's a danger to anyone who crosses him, magic or muggle. I have the Prime Minister's assurance that he will not breathe a word of Black's true identity to anyone. And let's face it -- who'd believe him if he did?"

While Muggles have been told that Black is carrying a gun(a kind of metal wand that Muggles use to kill each other), the magical community lives in fear of a massacre like that of twelve years ago, when Black murdered thirteen people with a single curse.

Rose stared at the photo of the man. He looked familiar, she doesn't remember where she had seen him before. She didn't listen to Harry as he and Stan talked about Sirius Black, she was trying to remember where she has seen him before.

They dropped passengers off and finally Harry and Rose were the only ones left. "All right. Neville, Hermione, where about in London?" Stan asked looking between the two. 

"The Leaky Cauldron." Harry and Rose asked together. Rose held tight as the bus shot forward. They got to the Leaky Cauldron. Rose and Harry got off, but the bus didn't move.

"There you are, Harry, Rose." A voiced said from the doorway of the Leaky Cauldron. Rose turned around and saw a man. The Minister of Magic. Stan started making a scene when he found out that Neville and Hermione were actually Harry and Rose Potter.

Fudge took Harry and Rose by the shoulder's leading them into the pub. Tom, the bartender and landlord of the Leaky Cauldron appeared in front of them. "You've got them, Minister. Will you be wanting anything? Beer? Brandy?" Tom asked the Minister.

"Perhaps a pot of tea." Fudge said, he still hadn't let Harry and Rose's shoulders go. "And a privet parlour, please Tom." Fudge said looking towards Stan who was bringing Harry and Rose' bags in.

In the parlour, Fudge indicated to them to sit down. "I am Cornelius Fudge. The Minister of Magic." Fudge said, Tom appeared with a tray of tea and crumpets. He left the parlour after setting the tray down.

"Well, Harry, Rose, you've had us all in a right flap, I don't mind telling you. Running away from your Aunt and Uncle's house like that. I'd started to think . . . but you are both safe, and that's what matters." Fudge said to them. 'You will be pleased to hear that we have dealt with the unfortunate blowing up of Miss Marjorie Dursley. Two members of the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad were dispatched to Privet Drive a few hours ago. Miss Dursley has been punctured and her memory has been modified She has no recollection of the incident at all. So that's that, and no harm done." Fudge said Rose was glad to hear that they see it as an accident.

Fudge told them that they are not allowed to go into Muggle London while they are staying at the Leaky Cauldron and Rose was, please. Luckily they got their own rooms. Harry was number eleven and Rose was number twelve opposite, Harry.