Chapter 71

February moved towards March, and it has been weeks since Rose spoke to Draco

February moved towards March, and it has been weeks since Rose spoke to Draco. She had gotten closer to Hermione. Harry was slowly but surely beginning to trust her again, and every other day he would tell her about his lessons with Dumbledore.

He told her that Dumbledore wants him to get closer to Slughorn to retrieve a memory about something important and Rose has a feeling it has to do with Horcruxes.

It was the evening of March first and Rose spent the whole day in the Hospital wing with Harry as Madame Pomfrey looked at Ron who was unconscious on one of the Hospital beds. Apparently, he was given a love potion that was meant for Harry and when they went to get the antidote for the love potion from Slughorn, Ron was poisoned from something he drank that Slughorn gave them. Harry was fast enough to use a beozar to save Ron from the poison.

"Er-my-nee," Ron muttered in his unconscious state. Rose was standing near him and Hermione was sitting on his bed holding his hand. Rose has been trying to make sense of what he was saying while Harry informed Fred and George about what happened to Ron.

Ron's poisoning spread like wildfire the next day but a lot of people seem to think that it was an accident since he was in the Potions Masters office when he was poisoned.

Lavender found out that Hermione has been visiting Ron in the hospital wing and she was not so pleased about that. She kept questioning Harry about it but Harry mostly made up excuses not to be near her THe excuses usually had to do with Quidditch

Ron was awake but he wasn't allowed to leave the hospital room, orders from Madame Pomfrey. He missed the Quidditch game against Hufflepuff.

Harry ended up in the Hospital WIng, due to a Quidditch incident, but luckily Madame Pomfrey healed him. Madame Pomfrey is making Harry stay overnight, not that he really wants to, seeing as he wants to kill McLaggen.

Monday morning came and Ron and Harry were released from the hospital wing. Hermine and Rose told the two boys about how Ginny and Dean fought because Dean was laughing at what McLaggen did to Harry during the Quidditch game.

That night Harry had another meeting with Dumbledore. Rose and Hermione were sitting side by side on the common room floor with the table in front of them and the fire on the opposite side. 

They were looking at Ron and Harry's essays, seeing as the two boys didn't seem to care about reviewing their work, but luckily Rose and Hermione would do it for them.

The week that followed Harry tried finding ways to get the memory from Slughorn, and he has been looking in that potions book of his. Rose and Hermione told him that he won't find anything useful in there but he argued that he would.

Patches of bright blue sky were beginning to appear over the castle turrets, it was a sign of summer approaching. Rose was happy that it was getting warmer.