Chapter 59

Rose stood in a room in Grimmauld Place

Rose stood in a room in Grimmauld Place. She looked at the walls that held what looked like a whole family tree. 

"I see you found the Black Family tree," Sirius said from behind Rose. Rose turned and saw him leaning against the doot. "Why are some of them scorched?" Rose asked looking at the marks that were burnt into some of the pictures. Some of the names under the pictures were not readable.

"Some of them were, as my mother would call them, blood-traitors, others like my cousin Andromeda, she married a Muggle, and they had a daughter," Sirius said. Rose's eyes found Sirius' name. 

"My mother did this when I ran away at sixteen," Sirius said tracing the place where he would have been. "Why?" Rose asked looking at Sirius, "Where did you go?"

"I was a Gryffindor, much to my mother's displeasure, I had friends that she labelled as half-bloods and blood-traitors. So at sixteen, I have had enough, I ran way. To your father's. I was always welcome at the Potters," Sirius smiled, as he looked at Rose, probably reliving thst memory.

"Rose! We need to go!" Hermione shouted at her from down the hall. "I'll see you when school ends," Rose smiled at Sirius as she hugged him. "Write to me," Sirius said and Rose nodded.

They got to Kings Cross. They all ran for the platform. Rose handed her luggage to the person that usually handled the bags. She made her way to the front of the train, where she would start with her prefect duties.

When the train started moving, Rose started walking pass the compartments. SHe was about to pass the one with Harry, Ron and Hermione in when she heard her name, she stopped where they can't see her.

"Why are you ignoring Rose, Harry," Hermione asked. "What did you hear that day at the hospital?" Ron asked.

"Mad-eye said that Rose is more connected to You-Know-Who than I am, and he wants her, they are not sure why," Harry said and Rose stood still not listening. Hermione realized that the door is open and stood to close it when she saw Rose.

"Rose," Hermione trailed off, causing Harry and Ron to look towards the door, that's when they saw Rose coming into view. Rose looked at them before she started walking away. "Rose, wait," Hermione tried to stop her. 

"I need to finish my rounds," Rose said and walked away. She walked into the Slytherin parts of the train when she was pulled into a compartment. 

"Draco," Rose looked at him. "I'll finish my rounds, then I'll come back here," ROse said and Draco nodded. He kissed her cheek before she left.

Rose finished her rounds and made her way back towards the compartment. Draco was still inside. Rose entered and sat down next to him.

"WHy do you look so sad?" Draco asked. "Over the holiday my brother over heard something about me, and I found out an hour ago what is was," Rose said and Draco nodded. He didn't ask what it was, but he told Rose that he was there if she ever needed to talk.