Chapter 57

The DA went on normally

The DA went on normally. Umbridge had started to question students, but luckily it was no one on the DA so far. Rose stood with Ron and Hermione on the bridge when they saw smoke rising from Hagrid's hut. 

They looked at one another. They ran towards the school. THey saw Harry walking with Cho, the two started hanging out after the DA meetings. "Harry!" Rose shouted when she spotted him, Harry stopped and turned to her. "It's Hagrid, he's back," Hermione said. Harry struggled to tell Cho he needed to go, so he just shouted to her that he'll see her later as he ran off, the other three following.

They ran down the hill towards the hut. They came to a stop when they heard Umbridge questioning Hagrid. They walked towards the side window and looked in, they saw Hagrid with his back to them and Umbridge in front of them. They duck down before she could see them. 

They ran around the house to find another hiding spot, in case she looks out the window. The door opened and Umbridge stepped out. Ron wasn't hiding so Harry pulled him backwards. 

Once they were sure she was gone they knocked on the hut's door. Hagrid opened and he let them in. He was holding a piece of raw meat to his eye, that was blue.  He had a few injuries, but nothing too bad.

"Hagrid, what happened?" Hermione asked him, as they all sat down and Hagrid poured them tea. Rose stood up when she noticed Hagrid's hands shaking. "Let me," Rose muttered to Hagrid who smiled at her and he sat down.

"There were a few giants who were already on You-Know-Who's side and they didn't take too keenly to me trying to get them on our side," Hagrid said and Rose handed him his tea. Rose gave the others their tea as well and she took a seat, holding the cup in her hands. 

"There's a war coming, and by the time the ministry realizes it, it will be too late," Hagrid said to the four fifteen-year-olds. They stared out the window as the weather picked up. They could feel in the air that something was going to happen.

Classes continued as normal. It was the last DA meeting before the holiday starts. Rose, Hermione and Ron walked back to the common room. Harry stayed behind to talk to Cho, who had bee staring at Cedric's picture.

Half an Hour later Harry entered the common room. Rose saw that he was in a state of shock. "What kept you?" Ron asked looking up to Harry from his spot where he was doing his homework. "Are you all right?" Rose asked the same time as Hermione. Harry didn't answer them. 

"What's up?" Ron asked sitting up to look at Harry. "What happened?" Ron asked again when Harry didn't answer him. 

"Is it Cho?" Hermione asked Harry. "Did she corner you after the meeting?" Harry just nodded, not answering. "So, what did she want?" Ron asked Harry. Harry started to say something but he couldn't seem to form the words.

"Did you kiss?" Rose asked casually as she looked at Harry. Ron sat up so fast his ink bottle flew to the ground as he stared at Harry. Harry nodded. Ron started to laugh, he rolled around on the rug.