Chapter 21

Ezmerelda

Oh no, they were in trouble. Finn turned around to give me one last worried look before going with Professor Quaff.

"No one to protect you now Redhead."

Spoke an evil voice, I spun around to look straight into the eyes of Laila. Along with a purple bruise already starting to form on her left cheek. "Your last name is Green, right?" I nodded nervously. "Would you like to know why?" She asked with an attitude. I shrugged. See, I'm not good with bullies, I will stick up for someone else, but I can't stand up for myself, and right now it's only me, I'm alone.

"It's because when people look at you, they get green..."

I felt tears coming so I turned away, she wasn't going to see me cry. A sudden burst of courage came through me, a side effect of me being Finn's friend. I spun back around as fast as lighting, my red hair whipping behind me.

"But even if the stars and moon collide, I'd never want you back into my life, you can take your words and all your lies, oh oh oh, I really don't care!"

And with that, I was off, I stormed down to the lake and just sat down. I think Finn has been having some effects on me, before I met him, I never would've burst into song like that. I laid on my back , staring into the sky, the breeze gently blowing my hair, as I fell into a soft sleep.