Chapter 48

Finn

"US!" Laila yelled, volunteering herself and I. I walked solemnly behind her, wishing that I could be with Ez. "A little help?" She asked, motioning for me to help her up. I held her foot and pushed her up cheerleader style. She landed on Gruffy's back, and I climbed up to the top. I sat behind her, but with many pleas from her, I had to put my arms around her and steer him.

Hagrid gave us his instructions, and we were off. I controlled Gruffy with ease, he was very easy to fly. As we continued our flight around Hogwarts, Laila tried her best to get me to flirt with her, but I didn't say a word and just concentrated on flying. As we reached the Gryffindor tower, Laila stopped speaking. Thank god. I thought she would never shut up. I thought silently. We continued in peace, until Laila turned around to face me, and pressed her lips into mine. I tried to escape her grasp, but she was set on kissing me. Eventually I escaped, but what happened made me wish I had just stayed on the back of Gruffy. See, what happened was that I fell off Gruffy's back, and ended up hanging onto his stirrups of the saddle. It's not fun hanging underneath a Zambipola. It's really not. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Don't let me die. Please!