Chapter 24

Finn

I started running for my life, slightly looking behind me to see that the giant spider was still set on making me the Tokyo to his Godzilla. My head was turned over my shoulder, so I didn't see the two people I wanted to see, Ez and Gus. "RUN!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, probably an octave higher than I wanted it to be. See, I'm absolutely terrified of spiders... and small spaces...... and pretty much everything else. Is there a fear of all things? I don't know but maybe I'll look it up someday.... That's when I snapped back to reality. I continued my concentration on running. If I didn't see the spider, I didn't have to be afraid of the spider. LOGIC! That's when I saw that Ez and Gus had stopped running. The spider was calmed by Hagrid! I was safe! And, of course, Ez and Gus and the amazing students. I calmly walked back to them and stood there quietly, playing it off like I had never been terrified out of my Superman underwear..... that I don't have.

"You okay there, Glee Man? You hit a pretty high note there." Gus said laughing. "Hey, I have the Moves like Jagger. I'm a Jukebox Hero. I'm Wanted Dead or Alive. I-" I said, getting cut off by Ez saying,"Enough Sparkly Pants."

"Sparkly Pants, where'd that come from?" I asked, laughing along with Gus. "Some singers, you being one of the ones who would, wear sequined pants that sparkle. Make enough since? And, you need a nickname." She said seriously, before busting out into laughter with Gus, who now was laughing at me, not with me.

"Yeah okay, Hot Stuff and Banana Brains. Just so there's clarification: He's Banana Brains." I said smirking. We walked away, happy, laughing, and trading insults back and forth. Ah, friendship.

--

The next morning I awoke cold. I tried to pull my sheet up tighter around my body, when I realized there was none. I opened my eyes to see I was in the Center Square. I stood up to realize two more things: Everyone was watching me, and I was still only wearing my underwear. At least they aren't my nonexistent Superman pair. I looked at all of the people's faces. Some girls were laughing among all the guys, but more girls were staring at my stomach. I looked down and realized, I had ABS! And they were solid too! I guess running from bullies does give you muscle. I told you it was a sport mom! My bed head hung over one of my eyes, and stood up like a porcupine's quills all over. Gus walked over to me holding my uniform in his hands.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." He said laughing. "How exactly did I end up out here?" I asked.

"Well, a little harmless prank. Right?" He asked, shrugging. "Right. Just don't be surprised if you wake up in the Forbidden Forest with a slab of meat taped to your back. It will happen. Just wait, little boy. I'll prank you so bad you'll cry yourself to sleep." I said, grinning like a mad man. Gus backed away, obviously frightened by my sudden insane outburst. That's when I started laughing that he knew I was just joking. I whispered, "Wait for it...."

"You like what you see ladies?!" I said smirking at the girls and at Gus. He knew what I was I was talking about when I said, 'Wait for it'. I quickly exited the courtyard, strutting and smirking at the same time.