Chapter 8: First Day at U.A.

-(Y/N) POV-

A month has past since me and Izumi passed and got into and UA as it was currently April, a month since me and her took our relationship further. Heh, I still get flustered everytime I think about that night, probably one of the best nights of my life. Though the next morning was awkward since Izumi's mom was worried all night and when she got back home she was bombarded with questions. It was bad when her mom figured out what we did and instantly got embarrassed and slapped the two of us for doing such a lewd act already. Even though she does want grandchildren, she doesn't want us to be parents at such a young age especially since we both just go into UA.

I got dressed in my UA uniform and I grabbed my bag and walked out my room and made my way to the door and passed the living room to see my mom sitting in the couch drinking coffee. Seeing her here is a rare sight at home since she's always gone on these 'business' trips she never tells about and I would see her two to three times a month, sometimes I only see her once or none at all. I practically live on my own for most of my life with the exception of hanging with Izumi and her mom. Other than that me and my mom have a rocky relationship as we never really connected over the years since she hasn't really been around that much. She is even a bit overprotective when I use my quirk in public for some reason and she never really tell me why no matter how many time I ask her what's the big deal with my quirk. Even when I told her I got into UA she was a bit reluctant on me going and almost wanted me to drop out already but I was able to convince her to let me go, as long as I call her every night or every other night when she's on her business trips.

"Hey mom I'm about to head out." I said to her as she looked at me and had a small smiled before getting up and walking to me.

"Alright sweetie, but are you sure you want to do this?" My mom asked worriedly as I mentally groaned.

"Yes mom. We talked about this already, I get to go as long as I call you every night." I said to her slightly annoyed.

"I'm just worried for you is all. And being a hero is  very dangerous, trust me I know." My mom said.

"I know, you briefly told me about your hero life back in America. Why don't you talk about your life?" I asked as she looked slightly down. "You only told me what's it's like in America and some brief stories from your hero days. But whenever I ask about your family or about my dad, you don't say anything to me, why?" I asked her as she looked back at me and gave me a sad smile.

"A lot of things happened and it's just too painful for me to talk about it still, maybe when you graduate we both can have a long talk." She said softly before kissing the top of my head. "But right now you need to pick up Izumi, you really don't want to be late on your first day do you?"

"Yeah I guess you're right." I said walking to the door knowing that she'll probably forget and make another excuse for not telling me. "Goodbye mom."

"Have a good day dear." My mom said before I opened the door and walked outside and cling the door behind me. "Please be safe." My mom said as I left.

After leaving my home I made my way to Izumi home and when I got there I knocked on her door and waited for it to open. Moments later the door opened to see Izumi there in her UA uniform and gave me a warm smile before jumping on me and pecking me on the lips.

"Morning babe, you ready?" I asked as she giggled excitedly as she jumped off of me.

"Of course I am!" She said walking back in her home and grabbing her bag. "Alright mom! Me and (Y/N) are heading out!" She shouted and walked back to me.

"Izumi wait!" Inko shouted stopping us as Izumi turned to face her mom.

"Yes mom?" She asked as her mom gave her a warm and happy smile.