Chapter 36: Tournament Round 3

Sorry for the wait everyone! This chapter took a little bit of time mainly because of how long this chapter is and how much action pack this one is so it took some time for me to get this right, considering how long this chapter is and probably the longest I ever written with this one being at least 7,500 words. Again thank you all for waiting patiently and hope you all enjoy this as much as I did working on it!

======================================================================================================================================

-(Y/N) POV-

"ALRIGHTY EVERYONE!!! IT'S TIME FOR THE FIRST MATCH OF THE THIRD ROUND AND WE'RE STARTING OFF WITH A BANG! BOTH PARTICIPANTS HAVE SHOWN GREAT PERFORMANCE THROUGHOUT THE SPORTS FESTIVAL AND BOTH WILL BE FACING OFF AGAINST EACH OTHER! SO STRAP YOURSELVES IN LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THIS FIGHT IS GOING TO BE A DOOZY I CAN TELL!" Present Mic announced earning the stadium to erupt in cheers for the fight they're about to witness and hope it's an exciting one. "TO START THE THIRD ROUND WE HAVE IZUMI MIDORIYA FACING OFF AGAINST SHOYA TODOROKI!" He announced as Izumi and Shoya stood on the ring in front of each other with the two-haired girl giving Izumi a cold yet determined stare. "NOW WITHOUT FURTHER ADO! START!!!" He exclaimed and with that the match has started. Almost immediately ice spikes shot up from the ground in front of Shoya as it quickly shot towards Izumi who raised her arm, concentrating her quirk on her hand.

"Smash!" Izumi shouted, flicking her middle finger and sending a large powerful gust of wind forward and destroying the incoming ice spikes and past them to Shoya. She covered her face from the intense wind as it also blew past her and towards the stands as that side of the crowd covered their eyes from the intense wind.

"Wow..." I said seeing the amount of power Izumi put into her attack that simply obliterated the ice and the sheer amount of pressure she needed to create such force.

"Yeah, her quirk is amazing, kero. But the damage it causes her body is one bad drawback, kero." Tsuyu said as our attention turned to Izumi to see her right middle finger broken.

"She's still working on it but she's getting better at controlling her quirk so it's only a matter of time she gets full control." I said.

"Man, she'll be unstoppable if she controls her quirk if she can do that with just one finger." Kaminari said out loud with most of the class agreeing with him.

"Tsk, the damn nerd won't be as strong as me." Katsuki grumbled a bit, crossing her arms and glared at her from the stands.

"I don't know, with the right control she can simply deflect your blasts away with a simple flick. "Jirou said, earning a glare from the blonde before looking away and grumbling to herself as we turned out agh back to the fight. Though we weren't the only ones to notice Izumi injuring herself as Shoya looked down at her hand and saw the damage herself and knew she was to hurt herself to stop her attack.

"WOW! WHAT A GREAT FIRST START! MIDORYIA WAS ABLE TO DEFLECT TODOROKI'S ATTACK!" Mic announced as the crowd cheered. But their cheers were cut off when Shoya tried the same attack again as a trail of ice spike charged towards Izumi who flicked her index finger and destroyed the incoming ice.

'Damn, she's not holding back whatsoever.' Izumi began feeling the pain in her hand but held back from showing it as she focused on Shoya as she stared at her with determination. 'From what I know of Todoroki's fighting, she always attacks in an instant the moment the fight begins so I don't have much data on her. It didn't help that I couldn't gather notes on her since I was so focused on keeping the other girls away from (Y/N), damn him and his looks. Now I don't know how she fights, I just need to find an opening in her attacks.' She thought in her head until she noticed ice stuck behind Shoya. 'The ice she stuck behind her is how she was able and is probably planning from getting blown away from my attacks, so I guess I was right to use my fingers but I can only do this for so long and have about six more chances so I have to carefully think over my attacks.'