22 November, 2018.

I finally had my viva today. It didn't go well tho. I mixed up the concepts and wasn't able to answer everything that was asked. I do feel bad that I wasn't able to do well but to be honest, I'm happy that's it's over now.

I still had some time before my lectures began so we went to check whichever marks have come out. Overall, I don't think my marks are bad. But can I improve? Definately.

I had an hour of Cost Accounting class and we continued what we started yesterday. The class got over pretty fast. Since I had a meeting at 2 and I had decided to have lunch with Kristen, I had to while away time for an hour. So I spotted a place for myself and decided to do some trip planning. But I ended up interacting with 2 of my classmates who came up to me. It did feel good that people who I don't normally hang out with regularly, decided to come talk to me.

Lunchtime rolled in and I finally met Kristen. I had a lot to talk to her about but Darcy tagged along so I didn't feel like speaking. After spending 3 consecutive days with her combined with the irritation she brought about during the Finance Project, I really need a break from her. I don't want to be anywhere near her.

After lunch, we had our placement cell meet. Two people from another college had come to tell us the placement procedure in their college and what the placement cell is responsible for. And throughout that entire time I realised one prominent thing- we're royally fucked. According to them, in order for us to get placed after graduation, we were ideally supposed to start with the placement procedure last year itself. Which means, if we start now, it is our juniors who might get benefited to a certain extent and not us. I'm not saying that I don't care about the juniors but what's the point if I am not able to secure my own future first?

I don't think I can work in the placement cell. They repeatedly emphasised on the fact that the placement cell has to be very dedicated and work for quite a lot of hours everyday. And that's when you start a year prior. Now the work hours would be 20 times more. I'm not going to be here for almost 2 weeks so I don't think I'll be in a position to dedicate a lot of time.

Another thing. They explained us that even though their placement cell has been running for years, they are not always able to bring the top companies to their college. And their student body is aware of the fact that they can expect things upto only a certain level. As I may have mentioned many times before, people in my college are used to being pampered. And throughout these three years, everyone has high expectations for everything. Everyone are just looking to be placed in big companies, including me. So if the placement cell is lot able to deliver that, then the entire blame will come on the placement cell and I am not willing to take that risk.

Now I'll have to look for a way to get out of the placement cell.

After the meeting, I met up with Kristen and Paul and we had a chill time together for about an hour or so afterwhich we headed home. My parents were going for some shopping in the market so I joined them. We got some grocery, clothes, utensils, etc. I got myself measuring cups because I definitely need them.

Alex and I have decided to try out a restaurant which apparently sells Korean food. Atleast that's what our plan for Sunday lunch is. Let's see if we actually go through with it.