13 December, 2018.

Today was wedding day.

Even though it would have been really hectic for me, I decided to attend college today because I had already missed so much last week and couldn't afford to bunk more. The effects of bunking can already be seen.

Anyways, I went to college and then came to know that all our regular lectures had been cancelled for the day because they wanted us to attend a guest lecture. Bro?! They couldn't put one single message on the group? I travel so much for nothing?

To be completely honest, I would have attended the guest lecture if I didn't have anywhere to go post college but the only reason I went to college today was not to miss any more studies. So if I'm not missing anything, I can go back home and get ready in a much relaxed manner. And that's what I did.

I came back home and tried on the clothes that I was meant to wear to the wedding. But I have grown so much in size that it was too tight for me to fit into my clothes. Dammit. I had to settle for something else instead. Thank goodness I came home early today or else I'd have much more of a panic attack if my clothes didn't fit at the last moment.

Uncle D and Parker came over to take one of Alex's blazer which had become a little small for him. And after lunch, grandad came over because he was going to travel with us.

We got ready (I even wore foundation for once) and left for the wedding. Dad came directly from his office but we reached the hall at exactly the same time which was very convenient.

Speaking of the venue, it was almost completely deserted when we reached. Why are we always the first ones to turn up?! Anyways, we met the bride eventually and helped her get dressed up. Well, the others helped while I just held the coconut 'kalash' which is apparently supposed to be held by the bride's sister and be around the bride at all times. I was holding it because the real sister still had to get ready.

At one point, because the sister was still not ready and I was holding the Kalash, I had to go with the bride to perform a small puja before the marriage. Soon, the hall was relatively filled, everyone got ready and the marriage took place. Speaking of the hall, it was damn big ya! My grandad told me that it was actually a studio which they had rented out for the marriage.

I spent quite a lot of time socializing with my family members and eating the amazing starters the place offered. I felt great man. Later on, Aunt P, Scarlett, Stella and Spencer also arrived from Pune and from then on, it had to be fun. The little one runs so much oh my goodness!

After having dinner, there was one last thing left to do. At some point during the marriage, my cousins successfully stole the groom's shoes. The bride's side steals the groom's marriage shoes which is only given back to him once he pays up for them. It's not a compulsory ritual but it happens in a lot of Indian weddings. It's supposed to be a fun event and we've done this twice before. But this time, things did not go as planned.

We were very excited to see the negotiation between the groom and us, with Parker being our front runner. But the groom was very rude to us. He became very serious towards the end and asked us to back off. It's not the money that we're after but the manner in which he discarded us was totally unexpected. Even more because his own sisters took part in a little mischief and stole some shoes in return (which is not how it works but still).

I feel like he was being a total spoilt sport. I don't think people are going to have a great response to him if we meet him at some other family function some other time.

After coming back home, I saw more MAMA Japan performances. First off was Nu'est W. I guess I have mentioned their story before. Even if people don't know their story, I think the boys did a really good job. I feel happy that they got invited to a big event like MAMA and received so many cheers from the audience.

Following this we had Twice's grand performance with all their songs released this year, be it 'What is love', 'Dance The Night Away' or their most recent comeback 'Yes or Yes'. They went all out with their performance today which makes me wonder what more will they show on Hong Kong's stage. Maybe the reason why they decided to do so much today is because they are the most popular KPop group in Japan so they probably wanted to give back for the support their Japanese fans have given them.

After that we had them four strong females of Mamamoo! Goodness their whole performance was soooooooooo impactful! Solar doing acrobats on the pole had me shook. Damn, she's strong. Moonbyul swagging it out with the backup dancers and IZ*ONE's Chaewon was also a treat to watch! Wheein did amazing too! And let's not even talk about Hwasa.. wow, that woman has a lot of guts as well as a superb charisma!

Since I came back pretty late and I'm very tired, I'll watch the last performance of the 2018 MAMA in Japan aka BTS' performance tomorrow, when I'm in a proper mood to absorb each and everything.