Chapter 17

First thing to do before beginning her expedition to Atlas was getting new clothes or maybe just some supplies for the trip. She was lucky enough to have a few lien left even after her fall. Her dragon had found her some of her old sketches too. She thought of a good trade for them or maybe none at all. She was right, the blacksmith knew her designs were not too complex but very detailed. She sold them for a good amount before heading to buy something for the cold weather, it's colder in Atlas.

'A coat would do me fine,' She thought as she arrived at the tailor's. She was greeted kindly by the tailor, who was more than eager to sell some goods. She picked out a blue coat with black lining, a pair of navy blue boots caught her eye and she couldn't resist. She may be old but a girl's a girl. Some things just don't change. She doesn't mind, it could be useful against the snow, not to mention the ones she had were quite worn.

" We all set, Pyx?" Veena said as she returned to the cave. The sea dragon gave a growl, seemingly happy to see her again. She then notices the violet pupils in its red glowing eyes. " Hmm, that's unusual. Pyx, come here. Care to explain?" Pyx seemed undoubtedly confused that she didn't know this.

" It's what Natrah does, her semblance, part of it. Master, I can't wait for you to remember any longer. Whenever your previous lives have semblances, I store apart of their abilities. Which is why I can become the things that you used me for. Why you can do all these things, despite being deprived of your previous life." Veena smiled at it and petted its head, something she's never done.

" You are the best gift ever," Pyx smiled with pride, more than happy to serve its master. " Just call me Veena, it's more pleasant than calling me master. So I assume," She began as she got on the sea dragon. " Aris can produce music that affects the mind and soul. Natrah is able to consume just about anything and store its auta or energy and redirect it, directing soul power into a grimm makes it her pet. Yasa...something about vibrations?" Pyx nodded.

" He can sense the changes in surroundings just by feeling the vibration. He's very sensitive to vibration." The sea dragon started moving out of the cave.

" Ah, everything vibrates at its own frequency, even ghosts." Pyx had taken the length to strap the supplies onto the dragon, they plan on just travelling by water for the first half of the journey, by air for the second. Grimm don't need rest or sleep. With all the time to spare, Veena looked through her memories and practised a few magic tricks that may come in handy. Because of the constant deja vu, she learned pretty quickly.

(Her outfit before) :

( Her outfit after):

Hi, I tried drawing it for you guys

Hi, I tried drawing it for you guys. Hope its okay.

This was wrong, this was all wrong. They were all fine just a while ago, now here he was, on his own. Zea had warned them earlier, Qrow insisted on staying behind to deal with them as long as he can while they go on ahead and clear off the grimm that was in the way. Ruby protested with all her migh alongside her sister to make her uncle stay with them. But he slipped away from them before they could hold him back, then cane the grimm. He thought it'd be best to give them some time or not they'd have to deal with both grimm and their foes.

Qrow held on his own, Tyrian was a bit slower as he'd lost more than half his tail this time. It made the avian want to laugh, the asshole deserved it after poisoning him the other day. ' Great job, kid.' He thought as it would be the only explanation as Veena was the one who had stayed behind before.  The reason that she gave them was that she was still just a stranger and it shouldn't matter very much. Not to them. She'd spare them valuble time and made it out alive.

Then came the storm, the rest of Salem's entourage had arrived. Qrow did his best to avoid any hits but Emerald's illusions made it difficult to cope. Tyrian was going all out this time, anger in his maniacal laughter as he fought him. Mercury, (being the little shit he is), took the opportunity to land a blow to Qrow's side. He cried out as the blades pierced his stomach. Tyrian smiled wide with a sinister look in his eyes. He pushed deeper, earing another cry. With all his might, he slowly lifted the avian, sinking the blades even deeper. His feet barely touched the ground as blood began to drip onto the snow. Tyrian laughed loudly but it was abruptly cut as an armored fist met his face.

" ...Damn it.." Qrow fell with a thud, the figure before him stood over his bleeding body. He saw a glimpse of her violet eyes as Zea became visible to him, alongside a few other spirits.