Aris

" Aris!" She called out to the young boy who was sitting by the river. The young faunus didn't turn to look at his friend. " Hey, what's the matter?" She asked him as she got closer. With a simple smile she sat down next to him. " Is it...the humans?" She asked a common question given to every human. He nodded slowly, she picked up his chin and saw a few bruises on his hands and face. " Aris, who did this to you?"

" No, Zea. They were just...they don't know any better." He protested to her, she was already grinding her teeth when she heard that he was crying by the river bank. " But, they took my flute." He said, a little upset that he lost his bamboo flute that she gave him before.

" Hey, don't worry. I'll buy you a new one." She told him with a smile. " Your birthday is coming up soon, right? Consider it a birthday gift."

" Don't you need that money to go to combat school?" He said, even though he was younger by a few years, he certainly sounds wiser than the adults sometimes.

" I'll...I'll think of something." Then something sparked in the younger boy's eyes.

" No." He said firmly. " If you can't afford your own school fees then, I'd rather learn to carve my own flute. You haven't even gotten your semblance yet, so don't bother..." He faltered as he saw the very group that stole his flute walk towards them.

" Hey, animals!" One of them jeered. Zea frowned, she got up and glared at the oncoming group of children. The tallest, presumed the leader, shoved the flute into Aris' hands. " Shut up and enertain us. Or else I'll break it."

" Why you-" The sweetest melody filled the air as Aris played happily with all his heart. The way he played it, it felt so calming and so very good on their souls. Unseen, a dark figure watched with disgust. How dare these incompetent humans irder its master around.

" You know what? This is boring. Let's go." The leader said suddenly. Zea was surprised that they left without saying anything else. Something was afoot. She looked at Aris, who wore a happy smile on his face and as she would guess, pride. She decided not to ask.

" Good morning, Zea." The young man said to her cheerfully as he approached the group of huntsmen. " Out for another mission?"

" Yeah, " One of her colleagues touched her shoulder. " Go on, I got some hero work to do."

" You shouldn't be talking to that guy. He's crazy. The other day, I found him talking to himself. His friends from combat school also thinks he's loony." One of them whispered. Zea felt uncomfortable to have her friend spoken to in such a way.

" I still don't know what my semblance is, but I can fight just fine. Say what you want about him, you don't even know what he's done." She glanced at Aris, who appeared to be talking to himself again.

" Yeah, right. It's not like he's the Midnight Sparrow." The other said as they left for a mission.

" Why do you do this, Aris?" She asked him as she found him late at night on the rooftops again. " They've given you nothing, but here you are. Playing your lullaby to put everyone at ease will you fight those monsters. What's the point?" There's always a reason for every mystery, even for the mysterious long years of piece that their village has not suffered not one attack by grimm. Soon enough the people found out of the Midnight Sparrow. A healer who comes to aid the sick, a protector who defends the week. They have no clue who it was, only the fact that the figure was male.

" You sound like Bayang. It told me the same thing." She rolled her eyes as she was once again, compared to an imaginary friend. " Zea, if I die, would you stay by my side?"

" Don't say that Aris, and of course I'll stay by your side. I promised to keep you safe didn't I?"

" Aris...Aris..." She coughed out the blood from her mouth. " Please, talk to me...say something...." She knew he was gone but she denied it. She could barely move at this point, it hurt all over. " Why'd..you have to...be so...nice?" She said to herself. He did what he did to try and protect the villagers as they escaped. This is where it ends, the legend of the Midnight Sparrow is finished.