ice skating. (disaster!reader)

" ice skating? " you didn't actually mean for your voice to be so ... hard. " really? " but somehow you didn't think that a planet that was according to the doctor a hundred thousand light years from earth and at least a couple of millennia in the future would accommodate something so incredibly ... human.

you also weren't very steady on your feet normally, recently picking up the nickname (from ryan) a walking disaster. the doctor had tried to defend the fact that you weren't this, but in the five minutes of her doing so - you had managed to alert every single guard of the palace of your presence, just because you tripped over a bit of carpet and basically fell through a wall - adding ice skates to the mix, you knew that there was a possibility you would fall flat on your face in front of everyone. you just wanted to be at home, playing mario kart - sat by a fire and just .... wasting away christmas day.

you had repeated yourself even when you had shoved on the skates. you were surprised that the doctor had a pair that fit your feet - but well you didn't really question the tardis anymore, you kinda of just accepted the fact that she knew everything.

" oh come on [y/n], " ryan's voice startled you as he stepped up next to you (as best he could), your eyes watched as the doctor - who looked like an actual five year old, a grin plastered on her face and her coat floating out behind her, skate around the lake. your nose twitched just a tad as yaz sped past her with a laugh (grabbing the doctor's hand and dragging the time lord a long for a couple of seconds before letting her go) and a massive grin of her own on her face, there was a tug at the base of your stomach and you ... really didn't want to call it jealously but that was the only thing you could think of. " don't be such a grinch. i mean, even graham had a go. "

a sigh escaped your lips as you looked over your shoulder. the eldest companion was sat on one of the many benches that littered the park - he was only sat there (eating lunch and looking after their things) because he had almost broke something as soon as he made it on the ice, he didn't exactly want to be stuck in the tardis' medbay for the rest of christmas. looking back at ryan, he flashed you a massive grin, before he shuffled forward and then glided onto the ice.

only to promptly fall over.

you couldn't help the laugh that escaped your lips. your arms tightened over your chest as you watched the younger boy be helped up by yaz - who had made her rounds around the lake. once again. " come on [y/n] ! " yaz repeated ryan. " i know you're good at this ! the doctor told me. "

" oh did she now. " you murmured. nose scrunching just a tad. you loved yaz, you really did but lately ... she was just kind of - there. always there. " well - i suppose if the doctor said so. " god, you hated the fact that you were in such a ... mood.

it was fucking christmas.

" [y/n] ! " the doctor came up behind you as you made it onto the ice and wobbled slightly. she grabbed onto your shoulders to steady your person and you couldn't help but flush a bright red. you prayed that she thought it was just because of the weather and nothing else. " finally, i thought you and graham were just going to sit around and eat sandwiches all day. "

a brow rose on your forehead as she came to a stop in front of you. you didn't notice that your hands had flown up and now gripped onto for dear life to her arms. you shot her a look of for the love of god don't let me go and she shot you a brilliant smile. " yeah well - i think i've filled my sandwich quote for the next couple of years. " you mumbled.

a light laugh left her lips as she took a hold of your hand and suddenly the two of your were skating around the park - like you had been doing this for years. it was something about the doctor that managed to get you motivated. maybe you'd find some mistletoe and get her under it - either way, you knew that there was nothing to worry about.

maybe you were just scared that being such a disaster - she'd ... they'd all leave you behind eventually. but from the look on ryan and yaz's face as you skated past them and the doctor, who was rambling about something in front of you (her hand warm in yours), you knew that there was nothing to worry about - you had a family in them.