stupid girl. (disaster!reader)

so this hadn't of been your smartest plan.

" [y/n] ! "

in fact - this was probably one of the worst plans you had ever thought up. your plans generally didn't go the way you wanted them too. you were clumsy and a magnet for trouble but they always worked out in the end. this time around, however, it was like your mind had gone completely blank - like it wasn't going to tell you what it had planned and in the end, you knew that your body was in auto pilot as it surged forwards. arms held out in front of you and pushing the doctor out of the way.

" doctor ! "

you saw the gun. saw it pointed at the time lord, the person who had changed your life, who had turned it into something special and worth staying a live for. and well - you couldn't let her die. even though you knew that she could possibly survive, that she was an alien with biology so completely complicated that you had no idea how it worked. but you just couldn't take the chance that this time could have been her last time.

" oh you stupid, stupid girl. " you had never heard her yell before. she had always had that way about her - that the lower her voice, the softer it was the more disappointed she was. never one to raise her voice, the doctor was one of the calmest people you had ever met. until you hurt someone she loved - did something to so many people that she almost took it personally.

you felt her strong arms wrap around your upper body - as she followed you down to the ground. a shocked look was plastered all over your face, well at least that's what you thought was on your face. you could have a completely blank look for all you knew. but a laugh then suddenly escaped your lips. it's what happened when you had no idea was going on.

" yeah but ... " a cough struggled up and out of your throat. you could taste the metallic tang at the back of your throat - almost chocking on the blood that was starting to swell in your neck. your hands reached up and gripped onto the doctor's arms, trying desperately to keep yourself elevated, as well as keep her close to you. lying down wasn't the best thing to do at the moment, you knew that of you did, you would lose consciousness and you would probably never wake up then. " i saved your life. " another cough, blood had started to pool at the corner of your lips. " ... again. "

a wince crossed your face and the doctor's eyes lifted, flickering over to the man who had shot you - they weren't the soft and sadden gaze that she had been looking at you with, no - they were harsh and cloudy and the stories of the oncoming storm suddenly came to the front of your mind - the doctor, wise old madperson flying through the universe, was the stuff that even monsters are scared of. you were dipping in and out of consciousness now, but you were fairly certain that yaz had the one who had shot you in handcuffs, face pressed down into the dirt, her knee digging into his back.

you didn't know whether to be happy or rather annoyed that you were all on earth, that the man who had shot you wasn't an alien, but in fact a regular human. didn't know whether to be happy or sad that this was how you were going to go out. not in a cool explosion or sacrificing yourself for a bunch of people that didn't even know you.

no - you were going to die on earth. in your own timeline. by a gun.

" doc, we gotta get her to a hospital. " your eyes snapped open once graham's voice drifted through your ears. eyes focused on the face of the time lord, who's hair was blowing in the breeze and her jaw clenched tightly together. she was thinking and thinking fast. another cough escaped your lips and you groaned, one of your hands pulled away from her arm, and came to rest over the gunshot wound that was on your stomach.

" better hurry, doc. " you managed to choke out, even till the end you were trying to crack jokes. " other wise there won't be much left of me to save. " okay well ... that wasn't exactly funny. a shiver rushed down your spine and a whine left you. you were starting to feel cold and you managed to turn yourself into the doctor - pressing your face into the lilac coat of hers.

" no - no hospitals. " she finally snapped out of her trance, letting her head turn to face graham, who frowned - he turned to yaz, who had heaved the man up from the ground. he was staring down at you - like he didn't know what the hell was happening and honestly neither did you. " we need to take her back to the TARDIS. "

" doctor ... " yaz started but she was cut off by the darkest look the doctor had ever given her. any of them.

" if we don't get [y/n] back to the TARDIS. " her voice was low and rough. the time lord then started to get up off the rough asphalt, tightening her arms around your body and lifting you up along with her. you always seemed to forget the strength that the doctor had. she never really used it - but you knew it was there. being able to do things no other human could, and it intrigued you and also terrified you to no end.

some days you seemed to forget that she was alien.

a quiet scream escaped your lips as you felt the bullet almost lodge further into your stomach - you didn't even want to look down at yourself, most certainly that there was blood everywhere, didn't even want to see the doctor covered in it as well. " she. will. die. " the sound of sirens had all reached your ears and yaz looked between the three of you. she heaved out a sigh through her nose and then nodded in the general direction of the TARDIS.

" go - i've got this. " you hadn't heard her use that tone of voice before. almost like it was with a snap of her fingers and she was in copper mode. yaz shoved the m a n towards the direction of the sirens and that was the last you saw of her. you had a feeling that graham was tagging along behind the doctor, making sure that you both got to the TARDIS safely and that was when you finally lost the fight against your mind. your eyes slid shut, tears pooling down your cheeks as you silently cried, burying your face deeper into the doctor's coat. you could remember the doctor almost sprinting back to the TARDIS, her voice against your ear, murmuring soft words - almost seeming like they were in a different language and then you could remember everything not ... hurting anymore.

like you had finally died. that you had given up and just wanted to rest. but you knew that wasn't what happened. you knew that the doctor wouldn't let you go all that easily and in this instance, you were glad for her devotion and loyalty to her companions. because well - you didn't want to die yet.