The Valley Of Imladris

~~~~~~~<>~<3~<>~~~~~~~

Thorin looked down at the valley before them, still holding Valadhiel bridal style, as she was badly wounded. In fact, she was sweating an abnormal amount, and every now and then, she seemed to twitch. Was it possible that the wolf bite was already causing some mental side effects?

"We need to hurry and get Vala to the healers." Thorin told the others after a brief moment, looking over at Gandalf after he'd spoken.

Gandalf looked over at Valadhiel and furrowed his brow when he noticed her twitch. He placed a hand over her head and mumbled something before he began leading them all down the hill, and soon they were walking across a bridge leading into the elven city.

Valadhiel looked up at Thorin once they had stopped next to some stairs. "You can put me down now. I think I'll be able to stand with some help." She whispered to him.

Thorin, however, shook his head. "You have a ripped wing, a stab wound in your thigh, and you have an infected wolf bite, from a rabid wolf at that. I'm not putting you down unless it is to set you in a bed." He told her, looking at the stairs when a dark haired elf descended them.

"Lindir." Gandalf greeted with a smile after the black-haired elf greeted him, using the name 'Mithrandir'. He then listened as the elf began to speak in elvish.

"Lastannem i athrannedh i Vruinen." Lindir said after he'd been greeted by Gandalf. When he spotted Valadhiel, fiery hair, yellow eyes, and wings, he smiled and dipped his head. "Suilad, hiril nin Valadhiel." He then turned to another elf passing by. "Please take Lady Valadhiel to the healers. She is in need of some elvish medicine." [We heard you had crossed into the valley.] [Greetings, my lady Valadhiel.]

"Suilad, Lindir." Valadhiel replied with a smile, dipping her head in response, then she looked at the other elf when she came to help her out. [Greetings, Lindir.]

"I will help her. You show me where to take her." Thorin said before the elf could even get close enough to touch Valadhiel. For some reason, he would rather be there with her to make sure that she would be alright. He looked over when Gandalf said he needed to speak with Lord Elrond, but he then tuned the rest out as he waited for a reply from the elf.

Valadhiel was about to speak, but a horn then sounded from behind them, and horses trotted over, elves mounted atop of them. The elf maiden who had come to take Valadhiel backed up for the time being to get out of the way. She would take Vala to the healers when the horses and the elven soldiers were out of the way.

The elves and horses that had come up circled the dwarves, who then backed up and pointed their weapons at them, before they stopped, then one particular black haired elf walked up and dismounted his horse. "Gandalf." The elf greeted with a smile.

"Lord Elrond." Gandalf replied, bowing surprisingly gracefully, then he continued in elvish. "Mellon nin! Mo evínedh?" [My friend! Where have you been?]

The dwarves all murmured amongst themselves as the two chattered in Elvish, seemingly annoyed at the fact that they couldn't understand the two. Why did these elves all speak in elvish when in the presence of dwarves?

When Elrond finished conversing with Gandalf, he turned to Valadhiel and smiled. "Valadhiel, it has been awhile." He commented, bowing his head to her.

Valadhiel smiled and bowed her head in return. "It indeed has been." She replied, then she chuckled a little. "I would say that we are beyond bowing, and I would give you a hug if I could, but I am pretty beat up."