Chapter Fifty-Three

Despite the hellish reality that the students and professors at Hogwarts were forced to live through every day because of Umbridge's iron fist ruling and the exams that were taking almost all of their spare time away, George and Thea were trying to work together to get as much time together as possible. Thea was out of her mind with all the stress, spending long hours in the library often dragging the twins with her and what that in between her nightly habits of not sleeping, Thea was not coping well.

Thea often found herself each morning sitting in the windowsill, her head resting against whatever topic she had studied the night before. She was putting all her effort into the N.E.W.T exams because she needed to do well, her aspirations about becoming an Auror weren't for nothing after all. But with Umbridge now as Headmaster, Thea wasn't sure she could anymore. The wicked smile that Umbridge had directed towards her in the hall the other day only confirmed her suspicions.

But Thea couldn't be concerned about such trivial things, today. It was one of the last Hogsmeade trips before they would graduate and as George had promised her, he was taking her out on a second date.

It was a well-deserved break for both Thea and George. Thea, of course, had been using all her spare time to study but George and Fred had been working all the time on the plans that they still refused to show Thea. She was pretty sure the only time either of them actually studied was when she dragged them to the library to study with her.

"Morning!" George called out to Thea brightly from across the hall.

"Hi," Thea said. "How are you?"

"I'm good but what about you?"

"What about me?"

"Did you sleep at all last night or eventually pass out over your textbook again?"

"Um..." Thea trailed off, turning a slight shade of pink.

"Yep. Let me guess, fell asleep over your textbook again." George teased.

"Well...At least I was doing something productive!" Thea countered.

"Ouch. That one hurt." George claimed, holding his hand dramatically over his heart. "Shall we get going." He said, holding his hand out to her.

"We shall," Thea said, as they joined hands before walking out of the castle towards to Hogsmeade.

"I can't believe that this is the last trip before we leave Hogwarts, that's a scary thought isn't it?" George started.

Thea furrowed her brow, confused. "But we still have one more before we leave, this is our second last one."

"Oh yes, silly me," George claimed to try to defuse the awkward situation, cursing himself in his head for slipping up. He would have to tell Thea soon that Fred and himself would not be finishing the year traditionally as they had their own plans for a final farewell.

"It's fine. I feel like my brain couldn't contain any more information nowadays because of the exams."

"Yeah, I completely agree," George replied trying to walk backward to impress Thea, of course, he didn't succeed at it tripping to the ground quickly and pulling Thea down with him.

"Wow." Thea chuckled, as she was practically on top of him. "I'm assuming that you didn't do that on purpose."

"Actually, Miss Diggory, I did because it puts me in the perfect position to do this."

Thea was confused for a few seconds before returning the kiss, she found herself in.

"You're cheeky, Mr. Weasley."

"You're not any better."

"You do know that dates are generally supposed to be romantic?" Thea teased as she found herself back in Zonko's Joke Shop with George.

"What? And this isn't!" George claimed while gesturing wildly around him.

"No, I do not find a joke shop very romantic." Thea continued.

"Well, what can I do to make this joke shop romantic?"

"We could leave."

"Oh." George huffed offended. "You don't have belief in my skills!"

"Exactly, right I don't," Thea replied turning to leave out the door, a playful smirk on her face.

"Well..." Thea jumped as George whispered in her ear, taking the moment to creep up behind her. "It was part of the deal."

"What was?" Thea said turning around abruptly, her ponytail hitting George across the face. "Oh, sorry."

"When you decided to date me, you knew that I enjoyed pranking people so going to Zonko's on dates is simply something you will have to get used to."

"Bullshit."

"No, Thea. This face is a handsome one, not one of bullshit."

"So conceited," Thea claimed, pushing his face away playfully before running out of the store much to the confusion of the other customers.

"Thea! Get back here!"

"This is nice," Thea said, her hands clutched tightly around a mug of butterbeer, leaning into George as his arm wrapped around her waist.

"It is." George agreed. "Thank you for coming."

"I should be the one thanking you," Thea replied laughing. "You are the one you managed to pull me away from my beloved pile of textbooks, I miss them so much already."

"I'm beginning to think that you love those damn textbooks more than you love me," George said, leaning slightly closer.

"Maybe." Thea teased, closing the gap between them.

"Do you think Fred will be waiting for again?" Thea questioned as the two of them made their way back to the castle.

"I doubt it, considering I told him not to but if he does, we can just do what you did last time," George replied watching as Thea's cheeks turned pink. "Still one of my proudest moments."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"AWWW!" Fred shouted coming up behind the two, watching as they jumped out of their skims before recovering quickly.

"FRED!"