Chapter Thirty

Thea walked down the stairs, heading towards the field. Everyone was staring at her, sometimes muttering words of support but generally watching Thea walk over to her dead brother's corpse. 

When Cedric and her parents first came into view, Thea let out another sob and nearly fell over. Semi-aware of everyone else watching her every move, she steeled herself and tried to enter through the gate. A ministry member stepped up and tried to deny her entry, however, Dumbledore quickly explain who she was and the ministry official let her through.

As Thea slowly walked over to her parents and brother, several sobs left her mouth. Once she had reached them, she nearly collapsed on the ground once she looked at him. Anne looked up at her daughter and immediately pulled her into a hug. The mother and daughter both pulled each other to the ground in order to sit with Cedric. 

Thea released herself from the hug and turned back to her brother. Cedric's eyes were closed, his facial expression one of peace. His shirt had been tarnished from where the spell had hit. His body was so still, no sign of life. He looked frozen despite there being no sign of ice. Thea tried to reach out a hand to hold Cedric's own hand, just one more time. But she couldn't, her hand was trembling, in fact, her whole body was.

"Oh, Ced." Thea managed to get out her breath, gone, sobbing. 

Thea could her father's loud sobs as he held Cedric like he did when Cedric was a baby rocking him back and forth. 

"My boy. My precious, precious boy."

The Diggory Family had broken. Harry's short explanation had offered no support and the fact that they didn't know what had happened exactly only created more pain. 

Thea leaned her head on her mother's shoulder, tears still falling down her face. The mother and daughter were actually getting along for once, if only if it had been under better circumstances. 

Thea remembered once during her third year, she had been reading a novel but was confused about the meaning of karma. Cedric had explained it to her. The fact that someone has good or bad luck depending on their actions and how they act. If that principle was true, then how did Cedric earn such a premature death?

His entire life was taking care of others, making sure they were alright. Even throughout her life, Thea had constantly said to her friends that she couldn't stand Cedric's good boy nature and leadership qualities. But despite this Cedric had still made her feel special even though she often didn't believe she was. 

Cedric truly was the kindest, nicest and most selfless person, Thea had ever met. She didn't understand how or by what force, he deserved that fate. Thea just hoped that her prediction and his dream came true, Cedric was now a lost boy. 

Thea knew she didn't have long with Cedric left. Once people had left enough time for the Diggory family to grieve, his body would be removed, a funeral would be held. Whatever she needs to say or do, she needed to do it now. 

"C-cedric..." Thea sobbed. Her hands shaking, her voice shuddered from emotion, the headache that was always prominent after a long period of crying was thumping in her head. 

"Y-you p-promised m-me." Thea tried again. "W-we w-were going to h-have a nice s-summer. An n-nice r-relaxing s-summer."

Anne still had her hand around Thea, comforting her while her own tears ran down her face. The plans that the Diggory siblings had only made the night before were no longer going to happen. How quickly things had changed. Thea was now brother-less and with two broken parents, things were going great for her. 

"I l-love y-ou, C-ced." 

Once the Diggory family had gone through their initial grieving, friends, and teachers of Cedric also came over to him in the field to pay their respects. Alexander, Max, Sadie, and Marquis had all came over and each broke down over Cedric's body. People came over to Thea trying to comfort her, pulling her into hugs, whispering words of support. But Cedric was gone, there was nothing they could do. Thea just wanted to be alone, after one more person had come over to try and comfort her, Thea rose and just ran, she didn't know where she was going, all she knew was that she was going.